Here you will be guided to root Asus Zenfone 2 ((ZE550ML and ZE551ML) and we will be using a preroot-img tool to obtain root access for the smartphone.
If you are interested you can continue reading the full instructions here, at the end your Zenfone 2 will be rooted and you will then perform many activities to increase your phone performances.
- These guides are for the Asus Zenfone 2 with model number ZE550ML or ZE551ML,
- A Windows computer.
- A USB cable.
- If you haven’t installed Zenfone USB drivers first to your PC.
- Do not forget to also enable USB debugging mode on Asus Zenfone 2 of yours.
- Make necessary backups over your existing data and settings.
- Good luck guys.
Before starting to read the instructions please I would like to also share my previously published post related to Asus Zenfone.
How to root Asus Zenfone 2 (ZE550ML and ZE551ML)
- Download Fasboot via Medifire (After it’s downloaded, extract / unzip it then install it on your computer).
- Download preroot-system.zip from Mediafire (1GB size) to be used in rooting Asus Zenfone 2. (Save the file to your computer then unzip it to the Fasboot folder).Explanation
- File Z008 for Asus Zenfone 2 ZE550ML.
- FileZ00A for Asus Zenfone 2 ZE551ML.
Again I remind you to make backups over your data stored in your Asus Zenfone 2 before rooting it.
Instructions to root Android Zenfone 2.
- Now connect your Zenfone 2 to computer.
- Now go inside the fasboot folder you extracted / unzipped earlier, inside the folder press Shift key (from keyboard) + right click anywhere to choose Open Command Prompt Windows Here).
- Ini cmd type this command; adb reboot bootloader.
- Bootloader mode will appear on your Zenfone 2 screen.
- Rename the system image from preroot-system You downloaded and unzipped earlier to be system.img). To rename the file simply right-click on system image then select Rename.
- In cmd, type this command; adb flash system system.img.
- That command will execute the flashing action, that means the preroot-system.img will be flashed (Meaning your Zenfone 2 will be rooted). Just wait the flashing process till finish.
- When done, type this command; fastboot reboot to reboot your phone.
- Your smartphone should reboot, just wait guys, then check it using a Root Checker app.
Well done. You have successfully rooted your Asus Zenfone 2 anda. Congratulations.