Here we will elaborate the steps to root Asus Zenfone 4 on Android 4.4.2 KitKat with the help of RootZenFone5KitKatv4 tool and this tool is currently only supporting Windows based computer so far I know.
If you are interested you can root your Android now using the tutorials written on the post you are now perusing.
- Make a necessary backup.
- A Windows computer.
- A USB cable.
- Intel driver.
- Enable your Asus Zenfone 5 USB Debugging mode of Zenfone 5 On Android KitKat first.
Perform the instructions here and all the risks are yours.
Files you need.
- Download Intel Driver or you can directly visit Asus website to find your model USB driver and then install the driver on your computer.
- Download Zenfone 5 RootZenFone5KitKatv4 tool and then extract the zip file (File size is 67.0MB).
Grab all the files above and don’t leave any files.
Instructions to root Asus Zenfone 5 on Android 4.4.2 KitKat
- Now connect your Asus Zenfone 5 (Remember before connecting your Zenfone 5 USB debugging mode should already be enabled) to computer using a USB cable.
- In your computer, go to the RootZenFone5KitKatv4 folder that your previously extracted.
- Inside the folder click on the Root-Zenfone.bat.
- The act will open a cmd box.
- Now press any tuts (key) on your keyboard for the rooting to begin.
- During the rooting period you will see your device repetitively rebooting for about 6 times.
- If you are asked to press any key, then do it.
- Finally you will see this message indicating the rooting was successful.
- You can now check your app folder / drawer to see whether the SuperSU icon is there.
- To save your root access when performing OTA updates. You need to open SuperSu -> Settings -> Enable Pro option. Then open SuperSu again then to Settings -> check on Survival mode.
Enjoy the root access that’s now available on your beloved Asus Zenfone 5 smartphone.