You can now update Samsung Galaxy Ace 3 LTE (GT-S7275) to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop, but of course the update we are talking here not from Samsung itself, but from the third-party Android developer from XDA developer.
Yes we will use a custom ROM namely CM 12.1, however it’s not an official CyanogenMod team made ROM. But it’s directly the project of a senior XDA, Kotzir, you can thank him for what he’s done.
This unofficial CM 12.1 ROM is rooted, you can enable the root from the development settings provided there. And the installation process may require you to have a custom recovery installed on your phone.
Features that work.
- RIL (calls and data).
- Video playback.
You can give this ROM a try if you like. It’s stable and fast enough. The developer of it seems to regard it his favorite thus you can expect he will keep maintaining it with updates in the future.
- Never, ever perform any unofficial operations like this without firstly prepare yourself with backups. So backup first. Skip this not!
- If you are now using the CM11, you need to firstly perform a factory reset and partitions before flashing the zip file of this ROM.
- The unofficial CM 12.1 ROM is based on AOSP, therefore you need to have a bootloader unlocked device.
- The ROM doesn’t include Gapps, you can use this ROM without those Google apps, however if you want those apps we will install them separately.
- Enable USB debugging mode your Samsung Galaxy Ace 3.
- This ROM comes with a root access that you need to firstly enable it via Development Settings.
- Make sure your Windows computer with USB cable are ready to use.
Perform the flashing guides written on this post and all the risks are yours to take.
Tutorials to update Samsung Galaxy Ace 3 to Android Lollipop (5.1.1) with the unofficial CM 12.1 ROM
Files needed for the installations. Download them to your PC, do not extract them.
Don’t extract the zip files of the ROM and the Gapps.
- Connect your phone to computer, then transfer all the above files you downloaded to your phone’s internal storage.
- When all the files were successfully transferred, unplug your phone from USB cable.
- Now turn it off to further entering the recovery mode. Use the Home + Power + Volume Up buttons to enter to that mode.
- Within the CWM recovery mode, perform the Wipe Data/Factory Reset.
- Afterward, you need to also select Wipe Cache Partition, continued with selecting Wipe Dalvik Cache in the Advanced menu.
- Now select Install Zip From SD Card continued with selecting Choose Zip From SD Card then search the place where you located the ROM zip file, then install it, the flashing process will begin.
- When finished, repeat the step to flash the Gapps zip file.
- Use *****Go Back***** option when done, then select the Reboot System Now to restart your phone.
- Your phone will reboot. Just wait till it’s complete. When you see your phone home screen then you can go to About phone to verify what’s ROM running your phone now.
Really a great job guys! You’ve just completed the entire procedures to update your Samsung Galaxy Ace 3 to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop with the help of the unofficial CM 12.1 ROM and a custom recovery app. Congratulation! Just enjoy it.