Samsung Galaxy Note PRO 12.2 LTE SM-P905 receives the Android 5.0.2 Lollipop OTA, P905XXUABOD7 (XXUABOD7) update this week bringing a new features and performances that will make your device run faster and smoother.
As we know that Android 5.0.2 is considered the newest series of Lollipop so there is no doubt in mind that it will make your Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 LTE better and of course you can wait for it to come up to the OTA utility. However to wait its availability in OTA will take time, if you have less patient to wait. I suggest you to flash the firmware manually using the tutorials available on the net.
And lucky you because the page you are now reading have the complete instructions to flash Android 5.0.2 Lollipop OTA to your Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 chipset based device. And I will also provide the firmware file you can download and Odin tool to flash the firmware. So if you are ready then please to firstly read the following points.
- Remember that Android 5.0.2 Lollipop OTA is for Galaxy Note PRO 12.2 LTE. Do not flash it on any other model. So check your model by going to Settings -> About phone, be sure that Note PRO 12.2 LTE is written on model number.
- A computer Windows.
- Your Samsung USB drivers should already be updated. We will need this software to detect your device while it’s connected to computer.
- Be sure to also enable USB debugging mode too, if you do not know how to do so just please to visit the enable USB debugging mode on Android post of mine.
- Remember in order to smooth the process you better disable Samsung KIES first.
- Your antivirus installed on your computer should also be disabled, because it will block Odin from doing its job.
- If your Galaxy Note Pro is rooted, then this official update will wipe it out. Do not worry you can root your Android later.
- Your custom recovery, if you have one, will be substituted with a stock recovery image brought by this firmware.
- Your installed custom ROM, will be also disturbed as this installation will delete the memory partition where the custom ROM system files are located. And you are going to need to perform factory reset to make your device boot in normal mode after flashing this firmware.
- Be sure your battery percentage is %100 or at least about %60.
Now since you have read all of the points it’s time to the main topic. Let’s point our attention to the following firmware flashing instructions.
How to install Android 5.0.2 Lollipop OTA P905XXUABOD7 (XXUABOD7) on Samsung Note PRO 12.2 LTE SM-P905
Step 1 – Download the P905XXUABOD7 software for Switzerland and Italy, then extract the zip file. You will see the firmware file with tar.md5 extension. Keep the files on your computer, be sure in the most easy to find place.
Step 2 – Also extract and download ODIN v3.09, this will be used to install the firmware later.
Step 3- Since we need to download the firmware to our phone, then we need to make it entered the download mode, so to enter to that mode. Turn off your phone then press these three buttons Volume Down + Home + Power at the same time. A warning message will appear confirming whether you really want to enter to do that mode. Just press Volume Up. You are on the download mode now.
Step 4 – Now click on Odin.exe file to launch the software. Then connect your phablet while it’s in download mode to computer.
Step 5 – When they are connected an Added!!! message will be seen and your ID:COM will turn to yellow or blue.
Step 6 – Within Odin, do the following..
- Click on ‘PDA’ for older Odin version / tap on ‘AP’ for Odin v3.09.
Step 7 – Browse to the firmware files (.tar.md5 extension) that we want to install.
Step 8 – Be sure to also check on these two options; Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time.
Step 9 – Now press the Start button for the installation to begin.
Step 10 – The flashing process begins, just wait to complete. When it’s complete, reboot your device if it’s not automatically reboot, when your eyes see the home screen of your Galaxy Note Pro just unplug it from USB cable.
Well done my friend now you have the Samsung Galaxy Note PRO 12.2 LTE powered with Android 5.0.1 Lollipop OTA, just check it to verify it via Settings -> About phone. Good job my dear friends. Have fun guys.