G920T1UVU2COF9 (UVU2COF9) Android 5.1.1 Lollipop update was recently released to serve the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G920T1 phone in the USA. Samsung delivers this official release to fix some bugs and increase the performance of the said device. So you are highly recommended to immediately take the software right away.
To do so you can utilize the automatic update features such as Samsung KIES or OTA (System Update) provided directly on your smartphone in About phone section. However waiting its coming to the said features usually take time, could be days or weeks, if you dislike to wait that long then you can go for the manual installations.
And the post you are reading now providing a how to guides to bring the G920T1UVU2COF9 (UVU2COF9) Android 5.1.1 Lollipop on T-Mobile Galaxy S6 phone. The result will be exactly the same with using KIES or OTA, the difference is only it’s a manual process that takes time more than the automatic.
- Flash the G920T1UVU2COF9 (UVU2COF9) Android 5.1.1 Lollipop firmware only if you own a T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G920T1. Do not try it on any other model. Okey?
- In case you have a rooted Samsung Galaxy S6 then this firmware will restore to the original stock firmware, that means your root will be gone.
- If your Samsung Galaxy S6 is powered with a custom ROM, then this firmware will erase the system partitions of your existing ROM.
- Make sure you enable Android USB debugging mode on Samsung Galaxy S6.
- Odin will be used to flash the firmware file, therefore your Windows computer, USB cable and USB drivers should be ready to use.
- Disable your KIES and antivirus program temporarily to avoid them preventing Odin from running.
- Your Samsung Galaxy S6 battery power should be sufficient to perform this action.
- Make backup first.
- Samsung KIES will continue recognizing your Samsung Galaxy S6 after the firmware successfully flashed.
Great! Considering you have read all the points listed in the preconditions section, now we can continue to install G920T1UVU2COF9 (UVU2COF9) Android 5.1.1 Lollipop firmware on the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G920T1.
Perform the flashing procedures below and all the risks are yours to bear.
Now you need to download the following files to your own computer.
- Download G920T1UVU2COF9 (UVU2COF9) Android 5.1.1 Lollipop firmware.
- Download Odin3 v3-07 (Do not need to download it if you already have it on your PC).
Do not forget to unzip all the files above after they are fully downloaded to your computer.
How to install G920T1UVU2COF9 (UVU2COF9) Android 5.1.1 Lollipop on T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G920T1
- Power off your T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G920T1 completely to access the Download Mode. Now press and hold these three buttons at the same time; Volume Down + Home + Power.
- Keep them pressed till the following warning shows up, then press Volume Up to access the Download Mode.
- Open Odin now by clicking the exe file.
- Connect your smartphone to PC using your USB cable.
- Odin will then display Added!!! notification telling you it has detected your smartphone.
- Click the AP (For Odin3 v3.09) or click the PDA (For Odin3 v3.07) button to get the firmware file you saved and unzipped on your computer earlier.
- To begin the installation just click the Start button on Odin.
- Odin will display PASS notification telling you that it has fully flashed the G920T1UVU2COF9 (UVU2COF9) Android 5.1.1 Lollipop firmware on your Samsung Galaxy S6 smartphone.
- You can now reboot your smartphone.
Fix bootloop and other errors.
In case your smartphone is stuck at animation logo or bootloop, just enter to recovery mode then perform a factory reset procedure.