International Samsung Galaxy S6 G920F receives an official update, G920FXXU2BOFJ (XXU2BOFJ) bringing more optimized Android 5.1.1 Lollipop. You can immediately install the release automatically through either Samsung KIES installed on your PC or through System Update on your smartphone’s About section. The choice is yours to take.
However if somehow you are not being notified through those automatic utilities or it’s because your Samsung Galaxy S6 is rooted and powered with a custom ROM then you can opt the third options, which is using the manual installations that will deliver the same software to your smartphone.
There is no reason to halt yourself from getting this firmware as it’s armed with so many tremendous features, improvements and bug-fixes to keep your Samsung Galaxy S6 at best performance possible. So prepare everything required before getting yourself to the manual guides and do not restrain yourself to firstly read the following preconditions section.
- If your smartphone is not then International Samsung Galaxy S6 G920F then don’t bother installing the G920FXXU2BOFJ (XXU2BOFJ) official build.
- Those with a rooted Samsung Galaxy S6 will loose their root access.
- In case your smartphone has a custom recovery app, then it will be replaced with a stock recovery image brought by this firmware. And if your phone is using a custom ROM then this firmware will erase its system partitions.
- Not yet! You must activate USB debugging mode of your smartphone first.
- Since we will use Odin to flash the firmware, then we will need a Windows OS based PC and a USB cable also USB drivers installed.
- Do not forget to firstly disable Samsung KIES and antivirus program installed on your PC to avoid them interrupting Odin from running and re-enable them after the firmware is successfully flashed to your smartphone.
- Your battery power should be enough, charge your phone if it’s less than 50 percent, do it guys.
- Make backups first, especially those who use a custom ROM, as you will need to perform a factory reset as the final step.
- KIES will continue detecting your phone.
- Do not skip any step.
You have fully understood of what you need to do and things that will come as results therefore let’s get started to install G920FXXU2BOFJ (XXU2BOFJ) Android 5.1.1 Lollipop firmware on your International Samsung Galaxy S6 G920F smart device.
Well you can continue to the full guides but remember that all the risks are yours to bear.
The following files are needed to be downloaded to your computer.
- Download G920FXXU2BOFJ Android 5.1.1 Lollipop firmware.
- Download Odin3 v3-07 (If you have Odin — whatever versions — there is no need to download it again).
Now you must unzip all the downloaded zip files above to be further installed by Odin to the computer.
How to install G920FXXU2BOFJ Android 5.1.1 Lollipop on International Samsung Galaxy S6 G920F
- Completely shut down the Samsung Galaxy S6 smartphone of yours to be further boot into the Download Mode. When it’s shut down just press these three buttons; Volume Down + Home + Power.
- Release the buttons when your phone display a warning like these, and press Volume Up to access the Download Mode.
- Launch Odin now from your PC.
- Connect your Samsung Galaxy S6 to your computer with USB cable as their bridge.
- Odin will show Added!!! in message box indicating it has detected your smartphone.
- Now simply click on the AP (For Odin3 v3.09) or click the PDA (For Odin3 v3.07) button to search the firmware file (With .tar.md5 extension) on your computer.
- Now you can start the installation by simply clicking Start button.
- PASS notification will show up. That means that the G920FXXU2BOFJ (XXU2BOFJ) Android 5.1.1 Lollipop firmware was flashed successfully.
- Restart your device now guys.
Fix bootloop and other errors.
Those who their smartphones are unable to boot in normal can perform a factory reset via Recovery Mode.