Install LMY47B / LMY48B Android 5.1.1 on Nexus 5. Google has officially released the LMY47B / LMY48B firmware for all the Nexus 5 devices, that means you can expect its availability on system update feature (OTA) through your device because it’s now rolling.
However you can also take the manual installations from this post to bring the same firmware to your device.
The reason we take it manually it’s because OTA update takes process to which you might not yet receive or being notified. So the best option if you are impatient is to flash it manually.
In this post the full instructions are here for you to follow. So if you are ready, then hold yourself a minute to firstly read the following preconditions.
- LMY47B / LMY48B Android 5.1.1 is for the Google Nexus 5 device only, do not flash the firmware if your device is not that model.
- Your Google Nexus 5 should be powered with either LMY47D or LMY47I firmware. Speaking about specifically is.
- Android 5.1.1 LMY47B should be for Android 5.1 LMY47I.
- Android 5.1.1 LMY48B should be for for Android 5.1 LMY47D.
So check your firmware version through Settings -> About phone.
- You should also need to enable USB debugging mode of your Nexus 5.
- Backup your device’s data before starting the installation.
- Your battery power is recommended to be full or at least has about %60 or %70 power.
Now you have fully understood what you must do and you can proceed to set up the Android SDK first. The steps as follow.
- You need to download the Android SDK ADT Bundle.
- Unzip the zip file to your computer.
- You will get a folder after the file was unzipped, then enter the folder to execute or open the SDK Manager exe.
- Then confirm the download and installation process for the SDK packages.
- A platform-tools folder will be there after the installations. We will need the folder so be sure you remember where it’s.
- Now you will also need to download and then install the Google USB Drivers to your PC.
Let’s get ourselves to the instructions section below.
How to flash Android 5.1.1 LMY47B / LMY48B Lollipop on Nexus 5
- Download the firmware now.
When you’ve downloading the firmware, just rename the file to be update.zip.
- Now move it inside the ‘platform-tools’ folder.
- You need to turn off your Nexus 5 completely to boot into the Recovery Mode.
- Inside the Recovery Mode, choose ‘apply update from adb’ option.
- Now connect your Nexus 5 device to your computer with the help of a USB cable.
- Now open the command prompt inside the ‘platform-tools’ folder.
- Open adb devices inside command prompt to find out whether your computer has detected your device.
- Your Nexus 5 should appear. If it’s not there on the list, you need to resintall the usb drivers then configure the Android SDK.
- However if your computer detected your phone, your can proceed to the following steps.
- Now launch the Android 5.1.1 LMY47B / LMY48B by executing the command line here; adb sideload update.zip.
- Now you can wait till the whole processes finish.
- When the installation is complete entirely you can reboot your device into a normal mode.
- Remember the booting period could take longer than usual, as your device will load the new firmware with all its apps.
That’s all. You did it to flash the new LMY47B / LMY48B Android 5.1.1 firmware on Nexus 5 device. Congratulation.