If you own a Google Nexus 9 LTE then there is a good news for you, because Google just made an official update and it’s currently pushing out into OTA update, the update build is LMY47X bringing the Android 5.1.1 Lollipop firmware.
You are of course recommended to grab the update to make your LTE based tablet improved and fix the existing bugs that effect its performance.
Google has planted many features, bug-fixes and also improvements in this release so you better not ignore it.
But in case you can’t bear the trouble of waiting then you can install LMY47X manually and lucky you because the post you are reading now containing the full instructions to bring the said firmware to your Nexus 9 LTE tablet.
If you are interested, then you are also recommended to firstly learn the following points in preconditions section below.
- Remember you are only eligible to follow the instructions here if your Nexus 9 is LTE volantisg variant and powered with Android 5.0.2 LRX22L build. If you don’t meet one of the requirement then do not flash the firmware. As it will not be working and success (Install LMY47X Android 5.1.1 Lollipop On Nexus 9 WIFI).
- You need to also enable USB debugging mode of Nexus 9 LTE yours.
- Check your batter power, if it’s less than %70, then charge it first.
- You have a computer with a USB cable ready.
Remember the flashing procedures here is using adb sideload method, thus you will need to firstly setup Android SDK and platform-tools folder first.
How to flash Android 5.1.1 LMY47X Lollipop OTA Update on Nexus 9 LTE
Setup Android SDK.
- Now please download SDK adb tool.
- Once the file is downloaded fully, extract it to your PC in C: partition.
- When the folder is created, then open SDK manager.
- Then perform the download and installations of SDK packages and drivers.
- Continue with download and install the Google USB drivers afterward.
Install Android 5.1.1 Lollipop LMY47X firmware section.
- You need to download here LMY47X firmware and then rename it to be update.zip.
- Then transfer the update.zip file to the platform-tools folder (You can find it inside the SDK directory).
- Switch off your Nexus 9 LTE now then boot into the recovery mode.
- Continue with selecting the apply update from adb option.
- You can now plug your tablet to computer.
- Now go to platform-tools folder to open Command Prompt via computer (Do this within the platform-tools folder).
- You can start the flashing process by executing the command here adb sideload update.zip in command prompt. The process will begin. Wait till it’s done guys.
- When finish just reboot your Nexus 9 tablet.