HTC One Max (Verizon) is supported with the well known custom ROM, Mokee, that brings Android (L) 5.1.1 out of the box along with the ROM’s own features to be enjoyed for free. Verizon based HTC One Max is not the only smartphone that gets the honor, both Sprint and International networks based devices are supported too by this modified software.
If you want to try something new, or if this is the first time hearing the Mokee ROM now, you might want to give it a try. Who knows you like it and to be used as your daily drivers.
However Mokee ROM is in the early build, that’s why you are expected to be clam when experiencing bugs you may find once it’s powering your phone. Be not too worry, the developers are working diligently to flush the existing bugs and release the more optimized version in the near future. Beside the bugs are not major, thus won’t effect your device’s performance.
Read the following preconditions first.
- Do not start the unofficial operation like flashing a custom ROM without firstly make backups. Thus backup your data. Now.
- Mokee ROM is not released by HTC, this is a third-party made software, HTC has nothing to do with it.
- Mokee ROM is AOSP based ROM, thus you will need to unlock your device’s bootloader first before flashing it.
- You need to already have either CWM or TWRP recovery installed on your HTC One Max to be used further to flash the ROM zip file to your smartphone.
- Mokee ROM is not armed with Google Apps (Gapps), we will provide for you the apps and install it separately.
- Do not forget to enable USB debugging mode of your HTC One Mac first.
- The ROM has built-in Superuser.
- Prepare your computer and a USB cable.
Remember you are invited to follow the guides here, but all the risks are yours to take, remember that.
Tutorials to install Mokee ROM Android 5.1.1 Lollipop on Verizon HTC One Max phone
Files needed for the installations. Download them to your PC, do not extract them.
- Mokee (nightly) ROM For HTC One Max (Verizon) [Filename; MK51.1-t6vzw-201506251930-NIGHTLY.zip].
- Download Gapps for Android 5.1.1 Lollipop software.
Remember! You do not need to extract all the zip files above. Leave them be.
- Now plug your smartphone to computer then transfer the zip files to your HTC One Max’s internal storage.
- Then disconnect the phone from computer.
- Power off your smartphone now, enter the recovery mode / HBoot mode using the Power + Volume Down buttons.
- Inside the recovery mode (CWM), select the Wipe Data/Factory Reset.
- Continue your step with choosing the Wipe Cache Partition, and then select the Wipe Dalvik Cache inside the Advanced menu.
- You can choose the Install Zip From SD Card and afterward select the Choose Zip From SD Card to further find the location of the ROM zip file, install the ROM, the installation process will start.
- When done, repeat the process to flash the Gapps (Zip file).
- When all the tasks done, just *****Go Back***** option on CWM main menu, to further choosing the Reboot System Now to reboot your HTC One Max.
- HTC One Max of yours rebooting, just wait the process to end, when you see your phone home screen just go to About phone to find out whether Mokee ROM is powering your phone or not.
Awesome my friend. Because you just flashed the Mokee ROM Android 5.1.1 Lollipop ROM on your Verizon HTC One Max. Great.