Samsung just released the G900R6WWU2BOF2 Android 5.0 Lollipop recently and dedicated for the Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900R6 phone, the main purpose of the release is to improve the phone’s performance and giving more error free experience toward the device. For anyone with the phone in hand who want a better performance then they are advised to flash this firmware now.
But remember, this firmware will restore your device’s Kernel as to which will effect of losing your root access if your phone’s rooted and the stock recovery image brought by it will be replacing the existing custom recovery of your device too. But do not too worry because you can re-root your phone later using the available rooting package from Chainfire.
And again before you proceeding to the manual instructions then you are suggested to read the following preconditions first.
- Backup you phone first.
- Prepare your Windows computer, because we will use Odin that currently only works on the Microsoft OS.
- USB cable and the latest version of USB driver should already be installed.
- Be sure to temporarily deactivate Samsung KIES and antivirus program installed on your PC.
- Enable your device’s Android USB debugging mode first.
- Samsung KIES will continue detect your phone once this firmware installed.
- Do it at your own risk, blame none if anything goes wrong to which damaging your phone, remember that guys.
You must download then unzip all the zip files below to your PC.
- Unknown G900R6WWU2BOF2_G900R6LRA2BOF2_LRA.
- Download Odin3 v3-09 (No need to re-download it if you already have it on your PC).
How to update Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900R6 to G900R6WWU2BOF2 Android 5.0 Lollipop
- You must enter the Download Mode.
- Then launch Odin when your Samsung is in Download Mode.
- Open Odin now.
- If Odin managed to recognized your phone, it will show the Added!!! announcement in the message box.
- You must find the firmware file in your computer (.tar.md5 extension file) by clicking the AP (For Odin3 v3.09 or newer) or click PDA (For Odin3 v3.07) button.
- Now click the Start button to begin the flashing procedure.
- PASS notification will then appear indicating that the firmware was fully flashed.
- Reboot your device now guys.
Fix bootloop and other errors.
Perform the factory reset if your phone’s stuck at bootloop.
Well you did it guys and see you again in the next Install Android ROMs blog posts.