Install R970XWWUGOF3 (WWUGOF3) Android 5.0.1 firmware update. This is a good opportunity to upgrade your C Spire Samsung Galaxy S4 SCH-R970X to Android 5.0.1 Lollipop, because Samsung has recently pushed the official update for the said smartphone bringing a better Android 5.0.1 environment and performances with number of features and bug-fixes in the build number called R970XWWUGOF3 or WWUGOF3 released.
So if you have that 1.9GHz processor speed phone in hand then you might want to lift its running software to the R970XWWUGOF3 Android Lollipop (5.0.1) to of course increase your excitements and experiences using the device that is armed with a 13MP camera and 5-inch display.
You can utilize the automatic update features such as Samsung KIES or OTA update to bring the WWUGOF3 Android 5.0.1 firmware to your smartphone. But often times using either two official and automatic features takes time, that’s because Samsung needs to roll the firmware to several and supported regions, thus your turn could be in queue.
Or you might have rooted your smartphone and using a non-stock firmware, aka custom ROM, to which you are not being notified through those features. In that case you are left without a single choice but to flash the R970XWWUGOF3 manually. And lucky you because here you will be guided to install WWUGOF3 Android 5.0.1 official build on C Spire Samsung Galaxy S4 SCH-R970X manually.
If you are interested to go for manual procedures then you need to prepare everything needed below is the preconditions section that will tell you about all the things you need to know before proceeding to the full and manual instructions, be sure you read all the points first, do not skip any points.
- This firmware only for Samsung (C Spire) Galaxy S4 SCH-R970X, so do not flash the R970XWWUGOF3 or WWUGOF3 official build on any other models.
- Root access that your smartphone might have will be disposed off.
- A custom recovery that your smartphone might have will be replaced with a stock recovery also all the custom ROM system partitions will be erased.
- Not to forget to also activate USB debugging mode of Samsung Galaxy S4 SCH-R970X (C Spire) first.
- You must have a computer based Windows, USB cable, and USB drivers because we will use Odin.
- Sometimes Samsung KIES and antivirus interrupt Odin from running thus disable them first after flashing procedures done re-enable them.
- You must see your battery power, if it’s less than 50 percent, charge it first.
- Be sure you make necessary backups first beforehand.
- Your smartphone will once again detected by Samsung KIES.
- Follow every step, do not skip anything guys, remember it oke?
Remember that since you have read the points listed on the above preconditions that means you can continue to install R970XWWUGOF3 or WWUGOF3 Android 5.0.1 Lollipop build to C Spire Samsung Galaxy S4 SCH-R970X phone.
You perform the instructions here and all the risks are yours to take.
The files below are needed, so download them to your computer.
- Download R970XWWUGOF3 Android 5.0.1 Lollipop firmware.
- Download Odin3 v3-07 (No need to re-download Odin, if you already have it on your PC, okey?).
You need to unzip all the files you downloaded to your computer. It’s needed for Odin to flash them later.
How to install R970XWWUGOF3 (WWUGOF3) Android 5.0.1 Lollipop on Samsung (C Spire) Galaxy S4 SCH-R970X
- Now enter to the Download Mode, by firstly powering off your phone completely, then press and hold Volume Down + Home + Power simultaneously.
- Keep pressing them, release them when a warning shows up on your phone screen, then use / press Volume Up to continue entering the Download Mode.
- When your smartphone is in Download mode, you can now open Odin you downloaded earlier to your computer.
- Now plug your Samsung Galaxy S4 C Spire to computer using the existing USB cable of yours.
- Odin will then try to recognize your smartphone, and display Added!!! word in message box if your smartphone is recognized successfully.
- Time to search the firmware file, you can use AP (For Odin3 v3.09 or newer) or click the PDA (For Odin3 v3.07) button. The firmware file usually end with .tar.md5 extension.
- Now you can click the Start button to begin the flashing.
- PASS notification will appear, indicating the R970XWWUGOF3 or WWUGOF3 Android 5.0.1 Lollipop firmware was installed to your Samsung Galaxy S4 phone.
- You can now restart your smartphone to conclude the flashing process.
Fix bootloop and other errors.
In case your Samsung Galaxy S4 C Spire doesn’t boot to normal mode, you can enter to recovery mode (Turn off your phone then press Volume UP + Home + Power together), then select Wipe Data / Factory Reset but make sure you already have backups before performing this procedures as your data will be wiped out with it.
Done my friend.