The T217TUVUBOH1 or UVUBOH1 Android 4.4.4 KitKat update is now available for the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 SM-T217T, those who wish to upgrade their existing firmware version to the said firmware can now follow the full and manual instructions written in case you are not being notified yet by neither OTA or Samsung KIES utilities.
And remember installing a stock firmware could effect of losing your root access and your custom recovery will also be replaced with a stock recovery brought by this firmware. But do not be worry because you can of course re-root your phone afterward and then once again install your favorite custom recovery.
Before we dig deeper to the instructions below I invite you to firstly read the following precondition’s points.
- Remember that you must only flash this firmware on the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 SM-T217T.
- Backup all data you regard important.
- You must have a Windows OS based PC and a USB cable.
- You must also need to enable Android USB debugging mode of yours.
- Do it at your own risk.
Download and unzip these files to your beloved PC.
- Download T217TUVUBOH1 or UVUBOH1 Android 4.4.4 KitKat firmware.
- Download Odin3 v3-07 (If in your computer has Odin, then no need to download it again, just skip this).
How to flash T217TUVUBOH1 or UVUBOH1 Android 4.4.4 KitKat on the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 SM-T217T
- Now power off your T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 SM-T217T to boot into the Download Mode, doing so by pressing; Volume Down + Home + Power at the same time.
- When you see the following warning, then release all those buttons, to further press the Volume Up to enter to that mode.
- Launch Odin now.
- You need to connect your Android device to your computer.
- Added!!! will appear on message box, meaning that Odin has successfully detected your device.
- Click the AP (For Odin3 v3.09 or newer) or tap the PDA (For Odin3 v3.07) button to find the the firmware you previously unzipped to your PC usually it comes with .tar.md5 extension.
- Now hit the Start button for the flashing process to begin.
- PASS notification will show up telling you that the firmware has been flashed successfully to your smart Android device.
- Reboot your T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 SM-T217T device.
Fix bootloop and other errors.
In case you face the problem, then you can perform a factory reset by firstly booting to Recovery Mode, doing so with pressing these buttons; Volume Up + Home + Power buttons. And then choose Wipe Data / Factory Reset. Be sure you have backups.