The US Cellular Samsung Galaxy S4 SCH-R970 can be rooted now using the available CF-Auto-Root package that was designed specifically for the said smartphone. And of course we will also need Odin as the tool to flash the rooting file (.tar.md5) on the smart device.
So if you are wishing to get a root access and enjoy everything offered by it, then you are more than welcomed to follow the full and complete rooting step by step guides written on this post. And you will end up having a rooted smartphone with all the goodies within it.
Interested? Great. Let’s us roll.
- Be sure to firstly backup your data.
- Enable USB debugging mode of your Android phone.
- A Windows PC and a USB cable will be needed thus prepare them.
Download all the following zip files to your computer.
- Download CF-Auto-Root [jflteusc] for US Cellular S4 SCH-R970.
- Download Odin3 v3-09 (If you’ve downloaded then no need to re-download it).
After the files above are fully downloaded then unzip them all.
How to root US Cellular Samsung Galaxy S4 SCH-R970
Remember backup first and follow the steps entirely.
- Enter to the download mode.
- Open Odin and then connect your smartphone to computer.
- If Odin detected your smartphone you will then see Added!!! notification on it.
- You need to search the Cf-Auto-Root file for US cellular Galaxy S4 by clicking the AP (For Odin3 v3.09 or newer) or click the PDA (For Odin3 v3.07) button.
- To start the flashing just click the Start button on Odin interface.
- PASS word be seen indicating the process is done. Your phone’s rooted. Now.
- You may now reboot your smartphone.
Finish guys and enjoy it.