Recently AT&T pushed out a OTA based Lollipop update dedicated for Samsung Galaxy S5, G900AUCU4BOF2, however the update is not equipped with major improvements or changes let alone additional great features. It’s safe to say that this firmware update is a routine software released to keep the smartphone in the fittest performance through its stability improvements and bug fixes goodies.
So you are invited and welcomed to flash it through over the air utility directly from your smartphone (Software Update). But of course doing so will make your root access gone like the wind (But only if your device’s rooted).
Therefore if you wish to keep your root and at the same time install this firmware, then you may want to avoid the OTA update and accept the offer provided by XDA developers, to allow us download then install the pre-rooted official Android 5.0 Lollipop G900AUCU4BOF2 firmware for the AT&T Samsung Galaxy S5.
This modified ROM is fully based on the stock ROM however it doesn’t come with with neither extra apps nor features. So you will keep your root access and lift up your device’s software to G900AUCU4BOF2 firmware. Isn’t that great? Of course it is, so you are interested? Then let’s flash this pre rooted ROM.
And remember to perform the instructions here at your own risk.
But before we dig into the entire flashing procedures I suggest you to firstly read the preconditions.
- Prepare your working computer and a USB cable.
- Please to temporarily deactivate your security features such as antivirus or other apps that will interrupt the download phases.
- Enable your device’s USB debugging mode first.
- See your battery power, if it’s too low, then charge it.
- Do not skip any step, follow them entirely, okey?
- Backup your existing data stored on your device.
How to install Pre-Rooted G900AUCU4BOF2 Lollipop official update on AT&T Galaxy S5
- Now you need to download the firmware file to your computer, then place it on the easy to find place like Desktop, and do not unzip the file.
- Now you must connect your Samsung Galaxy S5 to your PC using the available USB cable.
- You can now transfer the pre rooted firmware, G900AUCU4BOF2 OS file from your PC to your smartphone, then disconnect it from USB cable.
- You must also download an app called Flashfire can be found on Google Play Store. But you need to login to your Gmail, and then go to Google + page continued with joining to Flashfire community; and then head to this page to fill your own info in order to process to the download phase.
- After Flashfire app is fully installed, launch it on your phone then give it root access if you’re asked to.
- Now tap the the “+” button to further choose “Flash Zip or OTA” to begin taking the the ROM file you previously transferred to your phone.
- Uncheck the “Auto-mount” option in next window to begin the installation after tapping the checkmark sign.
- And then tap the EverRoot and again check the checkmark sign on the top right corner from your phone’s screen.
- Then tap the “Flash” to begin the updating process.
- When finished, restart your smartphone.
If you experience bootloop, just perform a factory reset through Recovery Mode, done.