US Cellular Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge SM-G925R4 smartphone gets an official firmware update, Samsung gives the owners of the smartphone Android 5.1.1 G925R4TYU2BOG9 (TYU2BOG9), so if you are one of the owners then you should take this firmware installed.
Utilities like System Update / OTA and Samsung KIES software can be used to deliver G925R4TYU2BOG9 Android 5.1.1 firmware for the US Cellular Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge phone.
Or you can use manual installations written on this post that will bring the same firmware to your beloved device.
- Remember to only install G925R4TYU2BOG9 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop TYU2BOG9 on the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge SM-G925R4, not on any other models.
- Enable USB debugging mode of your phone.
- Prepare your Windows OS computer and a USB cable.
- Backup your data.
- Root access of your phone will be gone for installing this firmware.
- A custom recovery you are using will be replaced by a stock recovery brought by this firmware.
How to install G925R4TYU2BOG9 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop TYU2BOG9 on the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge SM-G925R4
Firstly you need to download these files then unzip them to your computer and then unzip them.
- TYU2BOG9 G925R4TYU2BOG9 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop.
- Download Odin3 v3-09 if you haven’t downloaded it before.
- Boot your phone into Download Mode.
- When it’s in Download Mode, open Odin.
- Now connect your phone to PC, then Odin will detect it.
- Odin will show a notification saying Added!!! if your phone’s detected.
- Now search the firmware file you unzipped earlier by clicking AP (If you use Odin3 v3.09 or newer) or click PDA.
- Hit the Start button to start the installation.
- PASS notification will appear explaining that the firmware has been successfully flashed.
- Reboot your phone.
Fix bootloop and other errors.
If you see that your phone doesn’t boot into normal mode instead it’s stuck at Bootlooop, then enter to recovery mode, perform factory reset.
Done my friends your phone is powered with G925R4TYU2BOG9 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop firmware now.