Here is the complete guides for you to root MetroPCS Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-M919N using computer, Odin and the CF-Auto-Root package from Chainfire.
Having a rooted device will increase your Android based functionality from an smartphone to be a superb phone. However rooting is not recommended by Samsung itself, therefore you will loose your device’s warranty for applying the rooting methods from here and anywhere else.
Proceed to the instructions at your own risk.
- Backup your existing data.
- Prepare your Windows computer, a USB cable and USB drivers.
- Enable your device’s USB debugging mode.
Download all the zip files below to your PC.
- Download CF-Auto-Root [jflteMetroPCS] for MetroPCS S4 SGH-M919N.
- Download Odin3 v3-09 (If you’ve downloaded then no need to re-download it).
Unzip the zip files.
How to root MetroPCS Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-M919N
Remember do not skip any steps.
- Now enter your phone to the Download Mode now.
- A warning message will appear, just press Volume Up to enter to the mode.
- Open Odin from your PC.
- Connect your phone to PC now.
- Odin will show Added!!! notification from message box indicating your phone’s detected by Odin.
- Click the AP (For Odin3 v3.09 or newer) or click the PDA (For Odin3 v3.07) button, then search the CF-Auto-Root [jflteMetroPCS] for MetroPCS S4 SGH-M919N (.tar.md5 extension) on your computer.
- Now click the Start button for Odin to flash the CF-Auto-Root file.
- PASS notification will then appear telling you that your phone’s rooted.
- Restart your phone to complete the process.
Finish my friend.