The recent and thankfully discovered problem, namely Stagefright that’s a vulnerable found in Android that’s allowing outsider to remotely obtain access to a targeted device with only a MMS message containing malicious code.
And the MMS will be then executed by Android and at the result the code will run without us (As users) need to open the MMS message.
To respond the malicious code many manufacturers and carriers have pushed fixes through update, one of which is Sprint who among the first carriers to deliver update to deal with the Stagefright.
The company has recently released the N915PVPU4COG1 dedicated for Samsung Galaxy Note Edge SM-N915P, and then G900PVPU3BOG1 for the Sprint Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900P, also G920PVPU2BOGA for Samsung Galaxy S6 (SM-G920P) with G925PVPU2BOGA for the Galaxy S6 Edge SM-G925P.
You are highly recommended to grab this firmware update to avoid your Android system being a victim of this malicious code.
- Updating to the said official firmware will wipe your root access out.
- Remember only install the firmware on the said smartphone and phoneblet (See the above paragraph).
- Make backups beforehand.
- Your carrier must be Sprint to flash the firmware through over the air utility.
- Good luck guys.
How to update to N915PVPU4COG1, G900PVPU3BOG1, G920PVPU2BOGA, G925PVPU2BOGA via OTA.
- Turn on your Sprint based Samsung Galaxy device.
- Then go to Settings.
- To About phone.
- Find and tap Software Update -> Update.
The updating process will occur automatically just sit back and wait till the entire process is done.