You can now taste a different taste of Android 5.1.1 Lollipop for your HTC One M8 to by taking the offered from the CM 12.1 which already in Stable Release ROM. Android 5.1.1 is the latest series of Lollipop.
But it’s not just that, you will also get the additional features from the custom ROM itself.
And the developer of the ROM is inviting the HTC One M8 users to give his ROM a try. If you are interested then you are welcomed.
- Installing this ROM will void your HTC One M8 warranty.
- CM12.1 Stable ROM, is AOSP based ROM to which requires you to unlock your device’s bootloader.
- The ROM is for unlockd device.
- Your device should already have a custom recovery installed like CWM or TWRP.
- CM12.1 doesn’t come with Gapps, so you will need to install the Google apps separately, okey?
- Remember that installing a modified ROM like requires a root access therefore your device should already been rooted before beginning.
- Enable your HTC One M8 debugging mode first.
- Your computer and USB cable should be ready to use because the procedures take them.
Follow the entire tutorials written on this post without skipping anything and all the risks that might happen like bootloop, bricks or damages are your responsible, so proceed at your own risk.
How to update HTC One M8 to CM12.1 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop ROM
Now download the files below to your computerbut do not unzip them.
- Now transfer all the files you just downloaded to your phone’s internal storage from your PC.
- After all the files transferred you can unplug your smartphone from USB cable.
- Then turn your device off to enter to recovery mode.
- Inside the CMW recovery interface, just choose the Wipe Data/Factory Reset.
- Then select the Wipe Cache Partition. Afterward go to Advanced menu to select the Wipe Dalvik Cache.
- Now choose the Install Zip From SD Card -> Choose Zip From SD Card to further find the CM12.1 zip file.
- Repeat the above step to flash the Gapps zip file you downloaded previously and transferred to your HTC One M8 smartphone.
- After all the zip files flashed successfully to your smartphone then back to main menu or *****Go Back***** -> to choose Reboot System Now.
- Great now your HTC One M8 is rebooting to a normal mode during the process it loads all the necessary files to make sure the new custom ROM and Gapps can rung as smooth as possible.
Well done guys now your HTC One M8 phone is powered with CM12.1 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop ROM and you should be happy now and enjoy everything it is offering and as always see you again in the next post of Install Android ROM blog.