N920TUVU1BOH4 / UVU1BOH4 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop is available now after Samsung launched it this week to deliver official update for the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 5 SM-N920T phoneblet. Those who have the phoneblet in hand can now upgrade their existing software version and enjoy the best experience and stabler performance at maximum level.
And as usual Install Android ROMs blog provides the complete instructions to flash the official firmware manually to the users who have not been notified either via Samsung KIES or System Update (OTA). Of course as parts of the instructions Install Android ROMs also provides the firmware file that can be downloaded and the Odin tool to be used in installing the firmware to the Samsung Galaxy phoneblet.
The manual installations requires you to have a computer and a USB cable because you will need them to connect and flash the firmware. So make sure you have them, or else you will not be able to follow the instructions from below section, and then your root access will be wiped out because this firmware will restore your device.
- Be sure you only flash the N920TUVU1BOH4 / UVU1BOH4 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop on T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 5 SM-N920T device not on other models.
- Be sure your Windows OS based PC and USB cable are working.
- Be sure you have enabled USB debugging mode of your T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 5 SM-N920T phoneblet.
- Be sure you have made necessary backups over your important data that are currently stored on your Android powered device.
- Be sure you disable both your antivirus and Samsung KIES installed on your PC.
- Be sure you follow the instructions entirely that means you will not skip any steps.
- Be sure you have known that your existing custom recovery image (If your device is powered by it) will be replaced with a stock recovery.
Download and unzip these files to your beloved PC.
- Download N920TUVU1BOH4 / UVU1BOH4 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop firmware.
- Download Odin3 v3-07 (If in your computer has Odin, then no need to download it again, just skip this).
How to install N920TUVU1BOH4 / UVU1BOH4 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop on the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 5 SM-N920T
- Turn your phoneblet off to enter to Download Mode, just use these three buttons; Volume Down + Home + Power.
- If you see a warning like on the picture below just use Volume Up.
- Launch Odin now if your device is already in Download Mode.
- You can now connect your device to PC to let Odin detecting it.
- Added!!! notification on message box as an indication that your device is recognized by Odin.
- Click the AP (For Odin3 v3.09 or newer) or tap the PDA (For Odin3 v3.07) button to search the firmware unzipped on your PC the firmware comes with .tar.md5 extension.
- Click Start button now and let other options unchecked to flash N920TUVU1BOH4 / UVU1BOH4 Android 5.1.1 firmware on your smart device.
- PASS notification (Look the picture below as a reference) will appear if Odin has successfully installed the firmware on your device.
- Restart the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 5 SM-N920T device of yours to complete the installation phases.
Fix bootloop and other errors.
If your device is unable to boot normally then you can perform a factory reset via Recovery Mode, doing so will fix the problem at the same time erase your data, so make sure you have made backups before performing this action.
Well done now the Android powered device in your hand has been upgraded to the more stable and improved official software. Hope you find this post useful. And tell your friends about this okay?