LG G4 LS991 Sprint phone can now be rooted, after the rooting tool for the said device is available now developed and maintained by an XDA developer forum member. You can get the root access now and enjoy the benefits offered. And in this post you will be guided correctly and completely to bring root access for the 5.5 inch display smartphone.
If you are interested then you can continue reading the post to further read the elaborated instructions from below.
But before you do that, I invite you to firstly read the following preconditions, this is useful to know what to do beforehand.
- Prepare your Windows OS PC and a USB cable.
- You must backup your data regarded important.
- Do not forget to firstly enable your LG G4 Sprint USB debugging mode.
- Remember to follow the entire tutorials without skipping any step.
- If your battery power is low then charge it first.
How to root LG G4 SPRINT LS991
Download these files and unzip them to your computer.
Follow all the steps guys and please backups your data first and concentrate.
- Transfer this file system.rooted.phonemodel.img file (After the tar.gz was unzipped) to your device’s root internal SD card using MTP mode.
- Afterward boot your device to the Download Mode. Do so by powering off your phone then press Volume Up and then connect your phone to computer.
- The drivers installations will begin, just wait guys, okey?
- Once the drivers was installed successfully, double click on the ports.bat inside LG_Root folder (This activity will provide us COM port).
- Now get into the LG_Root folder then press shift button and right click on UPDATE SUPERSU to choose Open command window here.
- Now copy + paste this command while your phone’s Download Mode, change the COM4 with your COM number found in COM port.
- Send_Command.exe \.COM4
- Type id and hit enter on your keyboard.
- Now you need to execute this command.
- dd if=/data/media/0/rootedsystem.img bs=8192 seek=65536 count=548352 of=/dev/block/mmcblk0
- Then just wait and you’ll get a “#” prompt. That means the rooting process has been done.
- Then type LEAVE and enter. Your device will reboot, then it is also rooted.