Pure Nexus Project is the latest custom ROM dedicated for the Nexus 5 and this custom ROM brings a list of great goodies for the smartphone to make sure its performance at best. Albeit the Nexus 5 was one of the lucky devices that officially receive Android 6.0 Marshmallow but that doesn’t mean you — as the owner — close your door tightly from ROM designed and developed by third-party developers.
If you wish to try something out of default, than this ROM is the answer for you, and this post is dedicated to guide you through the entire process of flashing the modified Android 6.0 Marshmallow to your smartphone.
Things you need to firstly fulfill before installing the Pure Nexus Project is rooting your device and install a custom recovery app like CWM or TWRP and the kind, but on this post we will use ClockWorkMod / CWM recovery as its considered the best to do its job on helping us flashing a custom ROM, so are you ready guys, let’s do it.
Anyway I invite you to firstly read the preconditions first.
- If your Nexus 5 is not yet rooted, then you need to root it, okey?.
- CWM recovery is needed to flash the ROM zip file.
- Your data should be firstly backup and it’s recommended to do so.
- Follow every step without skipping anything.
- Enable USB debugging mode on your Nexus 5.
- Your warranty will be voided.
- Good luck oke?.
Remember that neither Google nor LG approve this kind of activity therefore they will stay out of any technical issues which may occur during or after the process.
The following are the files you must download to your PC.
Instructions on how to install Pure Marshmallow Android 6.0 ROM on LG Nexus 5.
- Now transfer the zip files from your computer to Nexus 5.
- And then unplug your Nexus 5 from computer.
- Now boot into the Bootloader mode, you do that by turning off your device and then press these three buttons; Volume UP + Down + Power.
- Inside the bootloade mode select the recovery mode and continue with choosing Wipe Data/Factory Reset.
- And then select the Wipe Cache Partition. After that, select the Wipe Dalvik Cache.
- This is the awaited part, you can select the Install Zip From SD Card -> Choose Zip From SD Card to further find the Pure Marsmallow zip file you have transferred to your phone’s SDcard and repeat the process to flash the Gapps.
- When done, go back to main menu to select *****Go Back***** -> Reboot System Now.
- Restart the Nexus 5 of yours.
- Finish my friend.
You did it my friend because your Nexus 5 is now enriched with the Pure Nexus Project custom ROM.