Samsung Galaxy Note 5 N920C can now be updated officially now after Samsung released the XXU2AOK7 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop recently.
Of course you can get this official release using either Samsung KIES or Over The Air (OTA) utility directly from your smart device. And enjoy more stable and rich featured firmware.
But for you to know flashing this firmware to your rooted Galaxy Note 5 (If it’s rooted) will wipe out its root access and restore your phone to its original condition. And the situation will also bring back your lost warranty.
So those who wish to try this firmware, are invited to firstly read the preconditions below and then continue to read the instructions section. Okey? Let’s do it.
And one more thing you are also recommended to firstly make necessarry backups to your existing data.
- Make sure that your smart device is Samsung Galaxy Note 5 N920C, see its model number guys by going to Settings -> About -> Model number.
- And make backups first because if you are stuck at the bootloop condition then you need to factory reset your smart device and doing so will erase your data guys.
- Your root access will be wiped out.
- If your device is powered with a custom ROM then its partition caches will be deleted.
- If your device is powered with a custom recovery image then it will be changed with a stock recovery image.
- Be sure to firstly enable your USB debugging mode.
- Since we will use Odin then be sure to temporarily deactivate your antivirus and KIES installed on your PC to avoid these software interrupting Odin from running.
- Follow the entire steps without skipping anything.
- Good luck guys.
Get these files and stored them to your computer.
Tutorials to install J200HXXU0AOIB / XXU0AOIB Android 5.1.1 Lollipop on the Galaxy J7 J700F
- You need now to power off your smart device, to further entering the Download Mode, do so by pressing these three buttons altogether Volume Down + Home + Power.
- Do not release the buttons until you see the following warning, and then release them, press Volume Up to access the download mode.
- Now when your device is in download mode, then launch Odin you previously downloaded to your PC, click on the exe file.
- When Odin is opened, connect your Samsung Galaxy Note 5 now, for Odin to detect your device.
- Added!!! notification will show up indicating that your Galaxy Note 5 is detected by Odin.
- Click the AP (For Odin3 v3.09 or newer) or click the PDA (For Odin3 v3.07) button to get your firmware version file you downloaded to your computer earlier. In general the file comes with the following extension .tar.md5.
- Click the Start button to begin the flashing process and let Odin installing the firmware file to your smart device.
- PASS message (Look at the picture below) will appear, that means the firmware was successfully installed on your Samsung Galaxy Note 5, and for that I should say congratulation.
- Now restart your Samsung Galaxy Note 5.
Fix bootloop and other errors.
To those who are stuck at the bootloop situation, to which unable to reboot normally, then you can fix it by simply entering the recovery mode and then perform a factory reset. Doing this will erase your data. Make sure you have backups. Because without backups the unsaved data will be erased entirely guys.
Great job my friend now your Samsung Galaxy Note 5 is now powered with the latest and most sophisticated firmware.