Install 23.5.A.0.570 Android 6.0.1. Sony Xperia Z2, Z3 and Z3 Compact users, I am sure you’ve been expecting the coming of the official update from Sony, and your expectations come true now, the company is now rolling out update wrapped in 23.5.A.0.570 as the build number.
The update comes with feature-rich and optimized Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow ROM, the software is now gradually sent to countries like Philipines, Latin America, and Ukraine. You should see the OTA notifications by now.
But if your device’s rooted or in bootloader unlocked condition, then don’t expect any Over The Air (OTA) notification from Sony.
To be precise, 23.5.A.0.570 Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow comes with the following improvements and features.
- AOSP security patches.
- All goodies from Android Marshmallow.
- App permission.
- Famous doze mode.
- Battery improvements.
- Improved launcher.
Devices supported by this firmware.
- Sony Xperia Z2 (D6503).
- Sony Xperia Z3 (D6603).
- Sony Xperia Z3 Compact (D5803).
Above are the Sony Xperia devices supoprted by the software.
Files you need to download based on your device’s variant and region.
- For Sony Xperia Z3 D6603 Ukraine, here is the firmware;23.5.A.0.570_Ukraine_Generic 6.0.1 FTF file.
- For Sony Xperia Z3 Compact D5803, here is the firmware; 23.5.A.0.570_Latin America_Generic 6.0.1 FTF file.
- For Sony Xperia Z2 D6503, here is the firmware; 23.5.A.0.570_Philippines_Generic 6.0.1 FTF file.
Also grab these tools.
Additional. You also need to install ADB and fastboot on your computer. And make necessary backups.
How to install the official 23.5.A.0.570 Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow on Sony Xperia Z2, Z3 and Z3 compact.
The following instructions are meant for rooted and bootloader unlocked Sony Xperia Z2, Z3 and Z3 Compact.
- When you have installed Flashtool to your PC, then open the location, example; C:Flashtooldrivers. There you will find flashmode and fasboot, then install them.
(Note. Those who are using the Windows OS 8/8.1/10 need to firstly disable driver signature verification).
Download the FTF firmware file then install it from flashtool.
- If you have downloaded the firmware from the given link above, move the firmware file to the flashtool folder (For example if you downloaded the Xperia Z2_D6503_23.5.A.0.570_Philippines_Generic 6.0.1.ftf then move it to the flashtool).
- After the file moved, open Flashtool then click the Flash device -> Flashmode. You will then see the firmware file you moved earlier on the list.
- For clean installation, check Wipe Apps_Log and USERDATA. But if you want to upgrade just leave this step 3.
- You can now choose Flash and do the onscreen instructions. Select No if you are asked whether want to use script.
- When the entire installations done, just restart your device, you will then see that your Sony Xperia Z device is powered with the latest and coolest Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow 23.5.A.0.570 build number.
Done. Hope you succeeded in installing the official update. Tell me your experience.