The CM13 ROM based on Android 6.0.1 Marsmallow is recently released to the air, giving support for Micromax A106 Unite 2 device. The CM13 is non-official version though. However it’s pretty well running once it’s fully flashed to the said device.
If you think that your Micromax Unite 2 deserves some more actions, then why not giving it this custom ROM and enjoy whatever features added by the developers?
However, a custom ROM could cause your device looses its warranty, and there is a chance you might bricking your phone. So you are responsible for anything that could happen during or after flashing this non-stock ROM.
- CM13 ROM is based on AOSP, therefore your device’s bootloader should already been unlocked.
- Remember that a custom recovery is needed to flash the ROM zip file. On this tutorial I use CWM recovery.
- CM13 doesn’t come with Google Apps (Gapps), therefore you are required to flash the Gapps zip file separately.
- Make necessary backups toward all the data your regard important.
- Follow the full instructions without ignoring any steps.
You need to get the zip file of the ROM to your computer, now see the following links, take them all.
I recommend you to use PC to save all the zip files above.
When you’ve downloaded the zip files to your PC, you can continue to the instructions section, guys.
How to install Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow CM13 ROM on Micromax A106 Unite 2.
- Transfer all the zip files — ROM and Gapps — to your Micromax SD card.
- You can now power off your device to boot into the CWM recovery.
- When you are inside the CWM recovery, perform the Wipe Data/Factory Reset.
- Once done, you can continue your step by choosing the Wipe Cache Partition. Afterward. you are also required to perform Wipe Dalvik Cache.
- This is it, time to install the ROM zip file, just select the Install Zip From SD Card -> Choose Zip From SD Card and then search the ROM zip file, when you found it, install it. Repeat the process for flashing the Gapps zip file.
- The installation period could take sometime, just wait, till it’s done. When it’s complete, just head to *****Go Back***** -> Reboot System Now.
- Your device will be rebooting. Just wait patiently. It will load all the zip files in the process.
- Now you have Marshmallow powering your Micromax. Hope you like this ROM.
Do you find this ROM amazing? Tell me your experience after using it. Hope it’s nice experience for you all.