Install TWRP recovery on LG G5 H850. There is no need to think twice if you wish to double your LG G5 H850 performance, because there are many non-official methods shared and available on the internet.
As the result your beloved LG G5 will perform great to further serve your needs.
And on this post I am sharing the full instructions to install TWRP on your LG G5 H850 and root it as well.
To achieve that we are going to need execute fastboot commands to install TWRP and SuperSU root package on the LG G5. The process only takes a few CMD commands and done.
Surely you can imagine how smart your device will be once it’s done. You can flash any tweaks available. And then doing anything that’s only possible on the rooted LG G5 device.
If you are interested. Then you can continue reading the post. Be serious.
But there are number of requirements you need to fulfill before taking yourself to main topics. And the requirements are explained below.
- A Windows based computer and a USB cable.
- Your computer should already have ADB and Fastboot installed. Or read the how to install ADB and Fastboot drivers on computer.
- Enable USB debugging mode of your LG G5 H850.
- Have a bootloader unlocked LG G5 H850 phone, you can follow the guides here; how to unlock LG G5 H850 bootloader.
- Do not forget to make necessary backups first.
This guide is only for LG G5 H850 phone and already in bootloader unlocked state.
Install TWRP on LG G5 H850.
Now please to grab the TWRP recovery image from this page.
- On your computer, just go to the folder where the TWRP recovery.img file is located.
- Then launch a command window (CMD) within the folder (Do so by pressing & holding Shift + right click anywhere within the folder -> select Open Command Window here from the list).
- Now use your USB cable to connect your LG G5 H850 device to computer.
- When they’re connected. Then type the command below.
adb reboot bootloader
- If you are asked, simply choose this “Allow USB debugging”, tap OK. This action will make your device boot into Fastboot/Bootloader mode.
- When you are in the Bootloader mode, type the following command to install the TWRP recovery.img file.
fastboot flash recovery twrp-2.8.x.x-xxx.img
- Just change the twrp.img to your TWRP recovery name. Or just change your TWRP recovery file name to twrp.img then use the above command.
- The flashing process will then take place. Now you can use the following command.
Instructions to root LG G5 H850 with SuperSU file and TWRP recovery.
When you have flashed the TWRP recovery image to your device. Then you can flash the SuperSU zip root file. Below are the steps to follow .
- Now get the SuperSU zip root package, then place it to your device’s internal storage.
- Now boot your device into TWRP recovery mode — do so by power off your device then press these keys; Volume Down + Power together for about 5 seconds and then wait till you enter the recovery mode.
- When you are inside the TWRP recovery mode, you can read my post here; how to flash SuperSU via TWRP recovery image.
Done! You just rooted your LG G5 H850 device. You should be happy now.