Helium: backup solution for non-rooted Android devices. Here I would like to invite you to study on how to backup your data stored on your Android devices, but without the need to firstly root your Android OS. We can do this task easily by utilizing an app provided for free on Google Play Store.
Data is important matter, losing them will cause us headache — probably that would happen to some people — and on Android there are many backup solutions but most of all require root access for example Nandroid and the kind.
Thus if you are kind of user who prefer to avoid rooting your device then you can use Helium backup that will the do job for you.
Benefits using Helium.
As I already mentioned above that this app doesn’t need a root access. And very handy to be used for backup any of your digital contents stored on your internal SDCard.
Once Helium installed and running then you can backup your data to cloud storage (Google Drive, Dropbox, Box) or SD Card. You can even sync your data from your other Android smartphones or tables albeit they are not on the same network.
Not just that, you are also given with ability to schedule your backup data, this way you will likely not losing your data again. Thanks to Helium Backup then.
Helium app is developed and offered by Koush the CWM.
Interesting? Then please to head to Google Play Store to install Helium app.
Google Play Store — Helium App Sync And Backup
How to install and use Helium app?
Aside installing the app to your Android, you will also need to install the Desktop version of the app. Because this app requires pairing between your device and computer for syncing data.
Install Helium Installer on Windows, Mac, or Linux
- Download the Helium installer on your Windows, Mac or Linux. If you are a Windows user, you might also need to install Android drivers and restart your computer first.
- Once you’ve downloaded the Helium Installer, Carbon, then install it by clicking the CarbonSetup.msi file.
- You will then see a Helium Setup Wizard box, just click Next to install the app to your PC.
- After Helium is fully installed on your computer. Now you can open Helium from your computer.
- You will be prompted to connect your Android device to computer.
- Therefore connect your Android OS device to computer.
- And then run both the Android and Desktop versions of the app.
- Now you need to connect your Android to your computer.
- For Nexus 7, 10 and the kind, to do that you will need to set your USB connection mode to PTP.
You can now backup any data like photos, videos, music, etc to your computer. Well do you have any question, then do not hesitate to drop your comments.