We can now install TWRP recovery and root OnePlus 3 by flashing the SuperSU root package. The necessary steps to achieve that will be discussed on this post. And you are invited to follow the guides written on this article if you own that super smartphone. With TWRP recovery you can do many things impossible on the stock recovery image.
OnePlus 3 is just released this month, comes with a list of tremendous features to serve the need of modern people who expect to be with the most accommodating and smart device possible. OnePlus 3 is also a budget device, this one is the first factor that managed to catch the attentions worldwide. Also the phone itself is fast and stable because it’s already powered with OxygenOS.
The phone’s body is wrapped with metal. And the RAM is considered gigantic which is 6GB. Well with this size of RAM you can expect everything runs fast and light.
Imagine with all those great things within the phone, you root it, it will double its performance and of course easier to be tweaked to the level of your dream.
Grarak as one of the XDA members has released the TWRP recovery file that we can flash via the fasboot command. Once it’s flashed, we can continue flashing the SuperSU to access our device root system.
Are you ready guys? But please to firstly read the following preconditions.
- Warranty of your device will be nullified.
- You already have ADB & Fastboot installed on your PC. If you haven’t then please to learn to install Android ADB & fastboot quickly on computer.
- Don’t forget to enable USB debugging mode of your Asus ZenFone Max.
- A USB cable to connect your device to PC.
- Your OnePlus 3 bootloader should already be unlocked.
- Battery life should be sufficient.
Install TWRP recovery on OnePlus 3.
- Now you need to download the TWRP recovery file, then place it to the ADB folder on your computer.
- Now use your USB cable to connect between your smartphone and PC.
- Now you need to read the instructions from the following page; instructions to install TWRP recovery via Fastboot on PC.
Root OnePlus 3.
Now you must download the SuperSU file to your computer.
- Boot your OnePlus 3 now.
- Connect it your computer in order to transfer the SuperSU file to your device’s internal storage, once it’s transferred disconnect it from PC.
- Now you must boot your device into the recovery mode.
- When you are in the TWRP recovery mode, just flash the SuperSU root package, here is the full instructions to do so; install SuperSU on Android powered device.