Root Samsung Galaxy Grand Neo GT-I9060 on Android 4.2.2 is possible now and can be achieved simply using a rooting package namely GenNxt_PreRooted_GT-I9060_BalliBoxer. All we need is flashing the root package to our Samsung Galaxy Grand Neo, for that purpose we will need the involvement of Odin flashing tool to flash the already extracted root zip file.
Root an Android is the best way to improve our device performance and will juggle our device into the conditions of our dream, like tweaking it or installing handy root apps to our device. However the consequence that we will bear afterward is losing our device warranty — that only if the warranty of the device is still valid.
Rooting means you open the door to the so-called no-limit abilities such as installing custom ROMs that you believe is better than stock ROMs, or flashing custom recovery images that you also believe should be powering your device not the featureless stock recovery image.
Once the GenNxt PreRooted GT-I9060 BalliBoxer installed, then we will get the following goodies.
- Superuser rank.
- Removing bloatwares.
You will get Superuser role, ability to remove the unnecessary bloatwares and the prerooted itself. With those abilities in hand, you are no longer a guest over your Samsung Galaxy Grand Neo GT-I9060, instead you are the rightful owner and administrator, that can command your core device’s system to do as you wish.
Interested? Then this post will guide you to install the GenNxt PreRooted GT-I9060 BalliBoxer, and each instruction is written correctly for your own use.
- Be sure you make necessary backups to your settings, contacts, systems, apps, and other contents that you wish to keep.
- Be sure your battery is sufficient to perform the guides here.
- Be sure you have set your Android debugging mode enabled — if you haven’t please to follow the how to enable USB debugging mode on Android versions.
- Be sure your Windows based computer is working — Why Windows? Because Odin is currently only supporting Windows OS based computer.
- Be sure your USB cable works and you have the original USB drivers from Samsung.
- Be sure your device is Samsung Galaxy Grand Neo GT-I9060. Check it by going to Settings -> About Phone now.
- Perform the rooting instructions written on this post, however all the risks are yours to bear, do it at your own risk.
Files you need.
Note. Extract all the files above using the Windows zip utilities like WinZIP, WinRAR, etc.
Once you have the necessary files downloaded to your computer, continue to the full instructions to root Root Samsung Galaxy Grand Neo GT-I9060 on Android 4.2.2 of yours now, be ready guys and don’t skip any step.
How to Root Samsung Galaxy Grand Neo GT-I9060 on Android 4.2.2.
- You need to shut down your phone now.
- Now enter / boot to Download Mode when your device’s fully powered off, then press and hold these buttons; Volume Down, Home and Power together. Keep pressing them till your eyes see the Android robot comes out with a triangle sign. Confirm entering the mode, using the Volume Up button.
- When your device’s in Download Mode, just launch Odin on your computer using the Administrator role –> Right click then choose Run as Administrator.
- Once Odin’s opened, just connect your device to computer, this action is to make Odin detect your device.
- If your phone’s detected by Odin you will then see Added!!! message on Odin interface and your ID:Com box will turn into light blue color with COM number.
- Now tap the PDA button to get the prerooted file stored inside your computer, the file extension shall be .tar.md5.
- Check the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time option via Odin. But do not check the Re-Partition option.
- If everything is set up, then you can click the Start button on Odin, this will start the root process, by flashing the GenNxt_PreRooted_GT-I9060_BalliBoxer to your device.
- Once the rooting process is done, you will see Pass message appear on Odin interface, that means everything has gone will and accordingly or in other word your device’s rooted successfully.
In case you are stopped at the step 9, just boot into the Recovery Mode by pressing Volume Up, Home and Power altogether, then perform the Wipe Data/Factory Reset and Wipe Cache Partition.
Since you have your Galaxy Grand Neo GT-I960 running on Android 4.2.2 rooted, then you can now perform many things unofficial such as flashing custom ROMs and other tweak apps, but be sure you only flash unofficial software that you believe is free from virus and other malware so those bad apps will not interfere your device’s performance and will not give you very bad effects. And to avoid soft or even hard brick to your device. Any questions related to root Samsung Galaxy Grand Neo GT-I9060 on Android 4.2.2 tutorials are welcomed.