How to install and use Google Duo on computer. Let’s talk about Google Duo again. This time is based on my recent discovery knowing that the official Google app can run on computer — Windows.
A happy discovery for me. Because I prefer to see the one I chat with via computer. Because I spend my times mostly at my computer. Beside making a video call is better via computer.
Hmm…Saving our device’s battery life is of course the common reason. Because we all know that the video calling activity consumes big battery power. And then the computer screen is bigger so the conversations through face-to-face will be more interesting.
So how about you, are you with me on this? If you do then we can utilize the Android emulator app for Windows. The first name to come on this matter is Bluestacks. However the app doesn’t work too well with our computer or laptop’s webcam.
But we have an alternative, the same emulator dedicated for computer, namely Nox App Player can do the job to replace Bluestacks.
The emulator works great with our PC’s webcam. Some people have used it and recommended it for those who wish to make Google Duo video chat.
If you are here based on the same purpose as any other people who already enjoy their great moments chatting via video on computer then you are invited to follow the whole instructions on this post.
How to Use Google Duo on computer
The files you need.
- Grab and then install The Nox App Player to your computer.
- Now grab the Google Duo APK to your computer.
Learn how to block or unblock phone numbers on Google Duo app.
- Now open Nox App Player from your computer. When it’s opened, go to its Settings from the Window control bar located on the top right side of your screen.
- Inside the Settings you need to enable Root access and the program will restart.
- When Nox restarting, fill your Google account by going to Settings » Accounts » Add account.
- Now drag and drop Google Duo APK you previously downloaded to the Nox App Player window.
- A popup window will show up, choose the Open apk option to get to the .apk file inside a file manager on Nox.
- On the file manager you need to click the Google Duo apk file, then hit Install button located on the bottom. The action will install the apk file on Nox App Player.
- Once Google Duo finished to be installed, select Open to launch Google Duo from your computer.
- Now verify your phone’s number on the on-screen keys to fill your number. Then Next. You will then receive verification code via SMS or by call. If you don’t get anything click the Call Me text.
- Tips. Make sure to use a different phone numbers from number registered on Android. Or else the number on your Android device will be removed.
That’s it. You have the Google Duo running on your PC. You can now make video chat with your contacts.