Sony Xperia Z2 gets Paranoid based on AOSP Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow, inside it you will have Android M wallpapers. Not only that there are Adblocker and Ambient Screen backlight too.
The developers have made it stable and smooth to make their project deserves to be daily ROM.
If you are interested with Paranoid Android 6.0.1 then you are welcomed to flash it. Follow the instructions on this post to achieve that.
But keep in mind that your existing warranty will be nullified once the ROM is fully installed.
- Your Sony Xperia Z2 is rooted already.
- Your Sony Xperia Z2 is already in bootloader unlocked stage. (Learn to unlock bootloader of Sony Xperia)
- Your Sony Xperia Z2 is already powered with CWM recovery.
- This ROM is made only for Sony Xperia Z2. Don’t try it if yours is not.
- The ROM doesn’t come with Google apps, therefore we will install them separately.
- Be sure to create necessary backups before proceeding.
- Enable USB debugging mode of your Sony Xperia Z2.
- Your device’s warranty will be voided.
Keep in mind that InstallAndroidROM.co.uk should not be asked for responsibility for any damages or bricks as the possible results after or during the ROM flashing processes.
Now you need to download the ROM zip file and save it to an easy place to find like Desktop on your PC.
Instructions to install Paranoid Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow ROM on Sony Xperia Z2.
- Now you must transfer all the zip file from your PC to your Sony Xperia Z2.
- After that, you can disconnect your device from computer.
- You need to enter to the CWM recovery mode now.
- Once you are inside the CWM recovery mode, just choose the Wipe Data/Factory Reset.
- And then select the Wipe Cache Partition. And select the Wipe Dalvik Cache.
- Finally you need to select the Install Zip From SD Card -> Choose Zip From SD Card to find the ROM zip file you previously transferred to your Sony Xperia Z2. Flash the zip file now.
- Repeat the above step to flash the Google Apps. Once done, just choose *****Go Back***** -> Reboot System Now.
- Your device will be rebooting.
- Done. You are now a happy Paranoid ROM user.
You can verify by simply going to Settings -> About phone to find out what’s ROM installed on your device.