Here is the complete instructions to root Moto G4 Play using TWRP recovery. If you happen to have that smart device and wishing to bring root access to it. Then you are at the post.
Moto G4 Play is a superb phone powered with Qualcomm MSM8916 Snapdragon 410 chipset and as the latest Moto G series released at Agust this year.
By default this phone is already great but if you want to add more greatness to it then you can root it. We will guide you to the entire procedures to root it so you are invited to follow them.
How to root Moto G4 Play with TWRP recovery.
- Certainly that you have installed TWRP recovery image on your Moto G4 Play. Learn to install TWRP Recovery on Moto G4 Play.
- Backup any data you regard importan.
- Enable USB Debugging mode.
- Your device should already be bootloader unlocked. Or you can learn on how to unlock any Moto’s bootloader.
- Remember that rooting will void your warranty.
- Follow the entire procedures here without skipping any steps.
Download the file to your computer.
- You need to connect your device to computer now using the USB cable.
- You need to copy and paste the SuperSU-beta.zip you downloaded earlier to your device’s internal storage — in the root folder.
- Power off your device now then disconnect it from computer.
- Now boot into the Recovery Mode / TWRP Recovery by powering on your device while your fingers pressing Volume Down and Power together.
- You must now create a new file, do it by tap on Advanced option on TWRP menu then click on the Terminal. You need to write the command below.
- echo SYSTEMLESS=true>>/data/.supersu
- When you have done it, just tap the Install button on the list, select the zip file you previously pasted on your device’s internal storage.
- Confirm to install on the next screen by swiping the Swipe to confirm flash. The installation will begin now.
- After the installation completed, you will view a screen like this.
- Reboot your device now by choosing the Reboot System now.
Done. Now your Moto G4 Play is rooted. Enjoy all the fun guys.