Do you own Asus Zenfone 3 in your hand? And do you know how to unlock bootloader of your Asus ZenFone 3? That will discuss here on Install Android ROMs blog for you all.
As we know that unlocking bootloader of our Android powered device is a must thing to do if we want to perform several non-official activities such as rooting Android to further installing tweaks that require root access, also flashing custom recoveries such as CWM, TWRP and etc. As the results you can also install the available custom ROMs that are amazing.
So if you want to enjoy all the mentioned benefits you can make your device’s unlocked from its default locked condition. And fortunately there is a very easy method I bring here for you to unlock your ZenFone 3 bootloader. If you are interested then you are invited to continue reading this post till the end guys.
Warning. Before we get into the details I would like to remind you that unlocking bootloader is not without risks. You should be aware that unlocking bootloader create security risks. You have opened the door for outside attacks to infiltrate your device’s system. Therefore proceed at your own risks.
You can firstly read the following preconditions.
- Make necessary backups before starting to unlock your device’s bootloader. Because why? Because your Android system will wipe all data on your stored in your device. Therefore, if you dislike to loose everything. Then make backups to be restored later.
- Enable unknown sources on your Android device by going to Settings -> Security -> check the Unknown Sources option there.
- Only apply the unlocking instructions here if you have either Asus ZenFone 3 ZE520KL or ZE552KL model.
- Charge your device battery if you think it’s necessary.
- A computer with a USB cable too.
Files you need to download to your computer based on your Asus ZenFone model.
- Download Unlock Device Tool App for Zenfone 3 ZE520KL model.
- Download Unlock Device Tool App for Zenfone 3 ZE552KL model.
How to unlock bootloader of Asus Zenfone 3 (very easy)
- Now connect your device to computer to transfer the unlock device tool apk above to your device’s internal storage.
- Once it’s transferred then flash the APK file — you are familiar with this kind of activity — of course you have install apk file before.
- Open the app after it’s fully installed.
- Then follow the on-screen instructions to unlock the bootloader shown on the Unlock app.
Well done my friend now you have a bootloader unlocked Asus ZenFone 3 and you should be happy now.