Here is the CyanogenMod 14.0 / CM14.0 ROM for Xiaomi Redmi 1S, that means your device can taste the Android 7.0 Nougat but of course not officially from Xiaomi itself.
Anyway this CyanogenMod 14.0 ROM is not released by CyanogenMod teams too instead by the XDA senior member namely GuneetAtwal that has done good jobs to compiled everything from the Android open sources along with the non-official features.
If you want to give this unofficial CM14.0 ROM a try then you are invite to keep reading this post and then install the modified ROM to your Xiaomi Redmi 1S device.
- RIL (Calls, SMS, Data).
- Video Playback.
What doesn’t work.
- Be sure you have TWRP recovery installed on your Xiaomi Redmi S1.
- Be sure you already have unlocked Xiaomi device’s bootloader.
- Enable USB debugging mode of your device.
- A computer and USB cable ready.
- Backup every data your regard important.
- Charge your device batter power if it’s low.
- Follow the entire instructions without skipping any steps to be successful.
How to install CM14.0 Android 7.0 Nougat ROM On Xiaomi Redmi 1S.
Follow the instructions on this post but remember that all the risks that might happen are yours to bear. Blame none but yourself if that really happen. You have been forewarned.
- Now you must download the Android 7.0 CM14 ROM to your PC.
- And then connect your device to computer using your USB cable.
- Now copy and paste the CM14 ROM zip file from your computer to your device’s internal storage.
- Now power off your device and then disconnect it from USB cable.
- Then power on your device while pressing and holding these buttons; Volume Down + Power to access the Recovery Mode or TWRP Mode.
- Within the TWRP mode, do the full data wipe by choosing the Wipe button, and then Swipe to Factory Reset option.
- Now head back to TWRP main menu to further tapping the Install button. On the list, select the CM14 ROM zip file inside your device’s internal storage.
- Confirm the installation and then swipe the Swipe to Confirm Flash option. The installations will take place.
- If the installations are completed, you will see a picture like this on your device’s screen.
- Tap Wipe cache/dalvik button in case there is bootloops or other technical issues.
- Now reboot by tapping the Reboot System option.
- Done my friend.
Congratulations guys you have updated your Xiaomi Redmi 1s to the unofficial Android 7.X Nougat using CM14.0 ROM.