You can now flash Android 7.1 Nougat Slim7 ROM on OnePlus One of yours. The Slim7 ROM is one of the best ROMs available today for your OnePlus flagships that offering Android 7.1 software as the latest version of Nougat.
The Slim7 is indeed a slim ROM, offering simply the experience of Nougat without features that we don’t really need. Once this ROM is fully installed you will enjoy great performance with a strong battery life feature. And the ROM itself is very smooth, stable and fast. You will enjoy it guys.
OnePlus One is a great phone comes with decent specifications however it’s not going to receive the official Nougat update. Therefore you need to flash the non-stock ROM like the Slim7 ROM if you wish to experience the same Nougat along with the additional features added by the developers.
Preconditions and information.
- Remember that this instruction only for the OnePlus One.
- You need to already have installed a custom recovery such as CWM or TWRP. On this post I use TWRP recovery. (See the how to install TWRP recovery on Android).
- Prepare your computer and a USB cable.
- Your OnePlus One’s bootloader should already be unlocked. (How to unlock OnePlus One bootloader).
- Make sure that you already have enabled USB debugging mode of your OnePlus One.
- Charge your battery to the full or at least % 60 power.
- Flashing this kind of custom ROM will void your device’s warranty.
- Slim7 custom ROM doesn’t include the Gapps therefore we will flash the apps separately.
- Backup first before starting to do unofficial activities to your device.
- Follow the entire guides without skipping anything.
See also guys.
How to update OnePlus One to Android 7.1 Nougat with Slim7 ROM Tutorials
Your warranty will be voided. Perform the guides written on the post and all the risks are yours to take.
- Download Slim-bacon-7.1.0.build.0.1-DEV-DM-20161120-1725.zip and Gapps to your PC.
- Now you need to use your USB cable to connect your device to PC. Once they’re connected then transfer all the zip files to your device’s SD card.
- Now power off your OnePlus One then unplug it from USB cable.
- Now enter to the Recovery Mode / TWRP mode.
- Inside the TWRP mode, perform the following action full data wipe by choosing the Wipe button -> Swipe to Factory Reset button.
- Now back to the TWRP main menu then you need to tap the Install button. And then choose the ROM zip file you previously transferred to your device’s storage on step 2.
- Now confirm the installation by simply swiping the Swipe to Confirm Flash option. You will see the installation will begin.
- Once the installation has been completed then repeat the above action to flash the Gapps.
- Now you need to tap Wipe cache/dalvik button in case you experience bootloop or other technical problem.
- Now you need to tap the Reboot System button.
Congratulations because you have successfully updated your OnePlus One to Android 7.1 Nougat using Slim7 custom ROM.