Here is the guide to install TWRP on Google Pixel XL. It is the TWRP recovery version 3.0.2 that you can flash on your beloved and shiny Google Pixel XL. Those who own the said device can come here and follow all the needed instructions to bring the TWRP 3.0.2 recovery on Google Pixel XL. And you will be thankful for doing so.
With TWRP recovery installed on your Google Pixel XL, then you can flash the custom ROMs, root your device, install Kernel and tweaks to lift up your device’s performance to the level of your dream. And remember, doing so will effect of losing your device’s warranty, that’s the unavoidable consequence. Therefore perform at your own risk. Okey?
But considering the benefits you will enjoy after having the TWRP recovery powering your Google Pixel XL, I guess losing the warranty will not be a big thing for you guys.
- I recommend you to firstly backup all your data.
- Be sure that you firstly enable your USB debugging mode. (How to enable USB debugging mode on Android). Okey??
- Remember to only apply the guides written here if your device is Google Pixel XL.
- Make sure that your device’s bootloader is already unlocked. Or you can learn on how to unlock bootloader of Google Pixel and Pixel XL.
- I believe you will need a computer and a USB cable.
- Follow all the instructions written on this post and do not skip anything.
How to install TWRP 3.0.2 recovery on Google Pixel XL
Perform the instructions from this post but all the possible risks are yours to bear.
- Now you must download Android SDK from its official website’s page and install it. Set it up with downloading platform-tools and also USB drivers package within SDK.
- Or. You can download Fastboot / ADB package based on your OS from the below links to your PC guys.
- Now you need to download twrp-pixel-installer-marlin-3.0.2-0-RC1.zip to your device’s root directory and then power off your Google Pixel XL.
- Now you need to use your USB cable to connect your device to PC.
- Download TWRP (twrp-3.0.2-0-RC1-fastboot-marlin.img to your PC and save the file in the same directory as the Fastboot/ADB package files you extracted on the step1.
- Now enter to the Fastboot / ADB mode pressing the Volume Up + Volume Down + Power till the screen showing the text. That means your on the Bootloader mode.
- Now head to the directory where you put Fastboot (i.e. Step 1) and then do the following; for Windows; Open Command Prompt (Shift + Right-click > Open Command Prompt). For Mac OS X also Linux, utilize the Terminal to head to the directory.
- Now type and execute the command below.
fast boot twrp-3.0.2-0-RC1-fastboot-marlin.img
- Now back to the TWRP main menu then you need to tap the Install button. And then choose the TWRP zip file.
- Now confirm the installation by simply swiping the Swipe to Confirm Flash option. You will see the installation will begin.
- Now you need to tap the Reboot System button.
Do not forget to also learn about how to install TWRP on Google Pixel device.
Well done my friend because you have successfully flashed the TWRP 3.0.2 recovery on Google Pixel XL and enjoy guys.