How to update Nexus 7 (2012) to Android 7.1.1 Nougat with CarbonROM. CarbonROM is already updated to support Android 7.1.1 Nougat, and it’s also supporting the Nexus 7 (2012), therefore if you want to taste the Nougat flavor with CarbonROM then you should flash this modified ROM using the instructions written on this post.
CarbonROM comes with great features along with the stock features from Nougat, you will experience the fast, stable and smooth ROM once the CarbonROM is fully installed on your device, and from the testers who have flashed this ROM they say it’s good driver for assisting our daily live.
If you are interested then I invite you to follow the full instructions to update your Google Nexus 7 (2012) to Android 7.1.1 Nougat using CarbonROM, and the procedures to do so is quite simple, all you need is a custom recovery such as CWM or TWRP, on this post I use TWRP recovery.
- CarbonROM Android 7.1.1 Nougat ROM is based on AOSP therefore installing it requires you to firstly unlock your device’s bootloader.
- Only apply the instructions on this post on Nexus 7 (2012), do not try it on any other Nexus model, oke?
- You need either CWM or TWRP recovery installed on your Nexus 7 (2012) to flash the ROM zip file and Google apps zip file. (How to install TWRP on any Android device).
- CarbonROM doesn’t come with Google apps, therefore you will need to install them separately, after flashing the ROM zip file.
- You need to also enable USB debugging mode of your Nexus 7 (2012) if you haven’t done so.
- Prepare your computer and a USB cable.
- Make necessary backups before proceeding because who knows something bad could happen.
- Follow all the steps written on this post without skipping any steps.
- Good luck guys.
Download the following files to your computer and do not extract them.
How to update Google Nexus 7 (2012) to Android 7.1.1 Nougat with CarbonROM
Perform the guides on this post with all the risks are yours to bear.
- Now connect your Google Nexus 7 (2012) to computer using a USB cable and then transfer all the zip files (CarbonROM and Google Apps) you downloaded earlier to CP to your Nexus’s SD card.
- Now power off your Nexus 7 (2012) then unplug it from USB cable.
- Now enter to the Recovery Mode / TWRP mode.
- Inside the TWRP mode, perform the following action full data wipe by choosing the Wipe button -> Swipe to Factory Reset button.
- Now back to the TWRP main menu then you need to tap the Install button. And then choose the Android 7.1.1 Nougat Carbon ROM zip file you previously transferred to your device’s storage on step 2.
- Now confirm the installation by simply swiping the Swipe to Confirm Flash option. You will see the installation will begin.
- Once the installation has been completed then repeat the above action to flash the Gapps.
- Now you need to tap Wipe cache/dalvik button in case you experience bootloop or other technical problem.
- Now you need to tap the Reboot System button.
You did it guys because you have successfully updated your Google Nexus 7 (2012) to Android 7.1.1 Nougat using the CarbonROM. You can verify it by going to Settings -> About phone. Find out yourself what is the custom ROM is currently running on your Android based device.