Do you want to install TWRP recovery on Redmi 4a of yours? Then read the full guides to flash TWRP on your Xiaomi Redmi 4a from this post. You will be guided correctly to claim root access of your Redmi 4a.
But keep in mind doing this will likely void your device’s warranty and there’s a chance you may brick your device. Therefore all the possible risks are yours to bear.
If you have made up your mind then I invite you to keep reading the post and learn attentively.
- A computer with a USB cable.
- Your computer has ADB tool installed. Learn to install ADB & Fastboot on PC easily.
- Enable USB debugging mode of your Xiaomi Redmi 4a.
- Your Xiaomi Redmi 4a bootloader should already be unlocked.
- Follow every step without ignore anything.
Files you need to download.
Instructions to install TWRP on Redmi 4a
- On your computer, head to the folder where you previously installed ADB which is in my computer -> Local Disk (C;) -> Adb.
- Then open the ADB folder, with pressing and holding Shift key on keyboard and right-click on blank space to choose ‘Open Command Windows Here‘.
- You can connect your device to computer now with a USB cable, then boot your device into the fastboot mode using the command below.
adb reboot bootloader
- Your device will boot to the Fastboot mode.
- Now see a list of connected phone using the command below.
- Now put the recovery.img you downloaded earlier to the ADB folder. This is needed to install TWRP recovery. To flash it just utilize this command.
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
Follow this; how to install TWRP on any Android devices.
Well done my friend you have done it! Now you can do things great such as flashing custom ROM (Read how to update to Android 8.0 Oreo) or root your device guys.
How To Root Redmi 4A Using TWRP
In case you want to root it now just head on to the following instructions.
- Then place the Supersu.zip to your device’s internal storage.
- Now boot into the TWRP recovery mode. Do so by powering off your device, then press Power + Volume UP together till your Xiaomi Redmi 4a boots to the TWRP recovery mode.
- On the TWRP interface select backup all data first.
- Then tap on Install, to further select the SuperSU.zip file.
- Now swipe to install SuperSU.zip.
That would be all guys! You have successfully rooted your Xiaomi Redmi 4a without PC with TWRP recovery image.