You have upgraded your Google Pixel XL to the Android 7.1.1 NOF27B factory image recently, now if you want to have more fun then you are invited to root your Google Pixel XL.
And the steps to do so are not hard. Everyone has done rooting their Google Pixel XL. And on this post I decided to compile all the needed steps to bring root utility on Google Pixel XL.
- Make sure you only root your Google Pixel XL if it’s running on the latest NOF27B Android 7.1.1 software. How to update Google Pixel XL to Android 7.1.1 NOF27B factory image. Follow the post.
- Be sure your device’s bootloader is already unlocked. Learn to unlock Google Pixel XL bootloader.
- To root your Google Pixel XL you need to download and install TWRP recovery mode to flash the SuperSU rooting package.
- Make backups before proceeding guys.
- Good luck guys.
How to root Android 7.1.1 NOF27B on Google Pixel XL
Remember to perform the rooting instructions on this post but all the risks are yours to bear. So blame none guys. If you brick or damage your device.
The following are the steps to root your Google Pixel XL powered with Android 7.1.1 NOF27B factory image.
- Now download Android SDK from Android Developers official website and install it. Don’t forget to install ADB and Fastboot on Windows PC.
- Now you need to enable USB debugging mode of your Google Pixel XL.
- Now please to download Fastboot based on your existing OS then extract the file in android-sdk-windowsplatform-tools directory. Create the directory if there is no such directory.
- Now please download SuperSU V2.78 SRS for Pixel to your computer.
- You can connect and mount your Google Pixel XL to your computer with a USB cable.
- Now copy and paste this file; SR5-SuperSU-v2.78-SR5-20161130091551.zip to your device’s SD card. Be sure the file is put into the SD card or internal storage root.
- Now power off your device.
- Now download twrp-pixel-installer-marlin-3.0.2-0-RC1.zip then put the zip file to the root directory on your Google Pixel XL. After you have done that just power off your device guys.
- Now connect your Google Pixel XL to your computer with a USB cable.
- Now download TWRP (twrp-3.0.2-0-RC1-fastboot-marlin.img) then store it into the same folder you put the extracted Fasboot/ADB package files.
- You need to head into the Fastboot/Bootloader Mode on your Google Pixel XL. To do so is by pressing Volume Up + Volume Down + Power Keys for a few seconds till there is some text appear on screen. You are now on the Bootloader Mode.
- Now head to the same directory you put the Fastboot (See the step 1). For Windows; Open Command Prompt (Shift + Right-click & Open Command Prompt). For Mac OS X and Linux, just utilize Terminal to go to this directory.
- Now type this command then enter.
fastboot boot twrp-3.0.2-0-RC1-fastboot-marlin.img
- Once you have entered the command, then your phone will boot into the TWRP mode. Just tap on the Install button in order to the install the “””” zip file. This is needed to avoid TWRP to reset to stock during reboot.
- You can now use Volume keys to get to the SR5-SuperSU-v2.78-SR5-20161130091551.zip then choose it with Power button. Then confirm the installation so you will see the installation process will be started.
- Once the installations are done, just utilize the +++++Go Back then restart your device using the “reboot system now” on the Recovery Menu.
Your device will boot and usually it takes about five minutes for the first time booting. Therefore just wait. Okey?
Well done my friend now you have rooted your Android 7.1.1 NOF27B on Google Pixel XL device.