Install TWRP on Xiaomi MI 5. Xiaomi MI 5 is indeed a great phone, having this phone optimized is better. So to optimize the phone there are several must do recommendations such as installing a TWRP recovery.
If you haven’t done so, then you are advised to do so, but of course the choice is yours to make considering without being with TWRP the phone is good enough to serve your needs.
However for those who think they want to do more that are not set by default, then they think they must install TWRP. Because TWRP is offering more than the stock recovery. With TWRP in hand you are able to flash custom system patches, mods and packages that are simply impossible to offer by the stock recovery.
Well of course you can also root your device with TWRP recovery and install the amazingly awesome custom ROM as well.
Well what do you think?
- Be sure you already have ADB and Fasboot installed. Haven’t done it? Then head to install ADB & Fastboot on your computer (Windows) page.
- Another thing you need to do now is to enable USB debugging mode of Android OS.
- Be sure that you already unlocked the bootloader of your Xiaomi Mi 5 device.
- Charge your device’s battery power.
- Do every instruction on the tutorial steps and do not skip any steps.
Download the TWRP recovery for your Xiaomi MI 5
How to install TWRP recovery on Xiaomi Mi 5
Now you can continue to the instructions. And do it at your own risks.
- On this phase, I believe you have already installed adb and fasboot to your computer.
- Then place the cofface_twrp_recovery_gemini.img file you downloaded earlier to the folder named Adb & Fasboot folder on your computer.
- You can now open the command prompt within the ADB & Fasboot folder, by pressing Shift + Right click anywhere inside the folder, then choose Open Command Window here.
- Now connect your Xiaomi MI 5 to computer then execute this command.
adb reboot bootloader
- Then select OK to Allow USB debugging.
- Now you are in the bootloader mode, then you can execute the command below to flash the TWRP.img file.
fastboot flash recovery cofface_twrp_recovery_gemini.img
- Change the twrp.img with the name of your TWRP recovery.img, or simply use the twrp.img name.
- Once the TWRP is completely flashed to your Xiaomi MI 5 then reboot your device utilizing the command below.
Now you may root Xiaomi MI 5.