Hi guys here we will share a complete guide to update Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100 to Android 7.1.1 Nougat for you. If you happen you are the owner of the said device. Then you are invited to follow the written guides from this post and the result your Galaxy Note 2 N7100 will be powered with Android 7.1.1 Nougat.
However I must say to you that the Android Marshmallow ROM you will flash to your Galaxy Note 2 N7100 is not an official ROM released by Samsung instead it’s the custom ROM maintained, developed and released by the Android third party developer.
Galaxy Note 2 N7100 is without a doubt a decent phone comes with spectacular feature, the phone’s size is 5.5 inch display supported with ppi pixel density per-inch density and 720×1280 resolution. And on the hardware part you will notice the phone is powered with a Exynos 4412 Quad chipset and 2G RAM for a fast data transferring. However those specs don’t seem convincing enough to be poured with the official Android Lollipop or Marshmallow let alone Nougat. Because it’s flying with Android 4.11 ICS. That is unfortunate.
Use Android Marshmallow for Galaxy Note 2 N7100 with Lineage OS based on Android 7.1.1.
But be not too worry because there is an alternative road you can take to bring Android 7.0 Nougat to your Oppo F1s. And follow the guides from here. All you need just prepare everything needed guys.
- Be sure you only flash this ROM on the Galaxy Note 2 N7100 only.
- Your Galaxy Note 2 N7100 bootloader should already be unlocked.
- Make necessary backups before proceeding.
- You need either CWM or TWRP recovery mode to flash this custom ROM. Learn to do it by visiting; the how to install TWRP on any Android device guides.
- Don’t forget to also enable USB debugging mode of your device.
- All the guides written on this post must be followed entirely without skipping any steps.
- Remember! Lineage OS doesn’t come with a Gapps therefore you need to flash the apps separately after you have finished flashing the LineageOS Android 7.1.1 . By that you will get all the necessary apps from Google.
- Prepare your computer and a USB cable.
- Your device’s battery power should be enough to engage with the guides here.
- Wish you all the best guys.
You need to download the following files to your computer.
How to update Galaxy Note 2 N7100 to Android 7.1.1 Nougat with Lineage OS ROM
Well guys follow the updating instructions and all the possible risks are yours to bear and nobody should be taken responsible if anything wrong happen to your device such as brick.
- Now connect your Galaxy Note 2 N7100 to computer using a USB cable and then transfer all the zip files (Lineage Android 7.1.1 Nougat and Google Apps zip files) you downloaded earlier to PC to your SD card.
- Now power off your Galaxy Note 2 N7100 then unplug it from USB cable.
- Now enter to the Recovery Mode / TWRP mode.
- Inside the TWRP mode, perform the following action full data wipe by choosing the Wipe button -> Swipe to Factory Reset button.
- Now back to the TWRP main menu then you need to tap the Install button. And then choose the Android 7.0 Lineage OS ROM zip file you previously transferred to your device’s storage on step 2.
- Now confirm the installation by simply swiping the Swipe to Confirm Flash option. You will see the installation will begin.
- Once the installation has been completed then repeat the above action to flash the Gapps.
- Now you need to tap Wipe cache/dalvik button in case you experience bootloop or other technical problem.
- Now you need to tap the Reboot System button.
Well my friend you did it. You have successfully updated your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100 to Android 7.1.1 Nougat using the LineageOS custom ROM. Tell your friend about this news. Tell your friends about this. And as always see you again on my next posts on the Install Android ROMs blog.