Download stock ROM to unbrick Alcatel IDOL 5S to those who own that device and currently wish to flash the stock ROM.
Flashing a stock ROM on Alcatel IDOL 5S will help you fix problems such as bootloop and bricked, aside of that you can restore your device’s warranty too if you have lost it caused by rooting or doing other stuffs that are forbidden by the manufacturer.
The post you are currently reading now containing all the required steps to flash stock ROM Alcatel IDOL 5S to unbrick it if it’s bricked, or to get your warranty back, or to fix bootloop anyway whatever your reasons might be let it be yours to keep and my part only help you to achieve your current wish.
Benefits of flashing stock ROM / firmware
- Can fix bootloop.
- Can fix brick.
- Can restore your device’s warranty.
- Can once again receive OTA update through system update notification directly on device.
- Your device will be more secure.
Disadvantage of flashing stock ROM / firmware
- Your root access will be gone.
- Your installed custom ROM will be replaced with the stock ROM.
- Your installed custom recovery will be substituted with the stock recovery.
Download the following files to your PC or laptop.
Alcatel IDOL 5S stock ROM.
You need to login or register to download the ROM.
For other Alcatel stock ROM types.
Files you need.
- Download SP Flash Tool for Windows and Linux.
- Download and install VCOM USB drivers on your device.
- A computer (Windows or Linux) & a USB cable.
- A USB cable.
- Enable USB debugging mode on Android Mediatek device.
- Make backups first before beginning.
Steps to flash Alcatel IDOL 5S stock ROM using SP Flash Tool
Make sure all data that are precious already being back up.
- Download the SP Flash Tool and the USB drivers on your PC, then extract all the files.
- Afterward install all the files. (Skip this step if you have done it).
- Now open the extracted SP Flash Tool folder then find the Flash_Tool. Once you found it then double-clicking on it to select the Run As Administrator to launch the software.
- Once the SP Flash Tool is opened, then on Download tab, select the Scatter Loading button to grab the Scatter File (.txt extension) from your PC. (Scatter file / .txt is the stock ROM you want to flash).
- Now go to the Firmware / Stock ROM folder, then open the Android_Scatter.
- Then the SP Flash Tool will load the Android_scatter file.
- Now click on the Download button.
- You need to Power Off your device now (If the battery is removable then remove it first on its place, if not then just continue).
- After your device’s powered off, then use your USB cable to connect it to computer.
- Press Volume UP or Volume Down to fasten the connection between your device and computer. (Skip this step if your device is instantly connected).
- Now the flashing processes will start, if it’s go on normally, you will see a progress bar in yellow color on the SP Flash Tool as indicator. So wait until it’s 100% completed.
- The flashing processes will be completed and it’s indicated with the following sign.