How to flash Android firmware (Stock ROM) using SP Flash Tool (complete guides) — Smart Phone Flash Tool or usually being called SP Flash Tool is a handy software that is used to flash / install stock ROM / firmware, custom recovery, custom ROM or even root package on Mediatek (MTK) based devices.
Since this tool is a stock ROM flasher, then it is usually being relied on many Android users to fix technical issues on Android such as bootloop or brick.
SP Flash Tool is presented to us portability and it’s very easy to be used. Currently it’s only supporting operating systems like Windows and Linux. For Windows the size is smaller about 44MB and as for Linux it’s 78MB in size. And tool supports any various of Windows OS.
The benefits using SP Flash Tool that you will enjoy are.
- Aside to flash to the newer stock ROM version (Upgrade) this tool can also help you downgrade to the older stock ROM version.
- This tool can be used to fix bootloop and soft-brick.
- You can also unroot your device using this tool.
- Restore your device’s warranty, because of its ability to flash the stock ROM that means your warranty will be restored instantly.
- Your device will be like new because it will be reverted back to its factory state.
Now let’s use SP Flash Tool to install stock ROM on Android device.
How to flash stock ROM using SP Flash Tool
Files you need.
- Download SP Flash Tool for Windows and Linux.
- Now download the Stock ROM you wish to flash on your device.
- Download and install USB drivers on your device.
- A computer (Windows or Linux).
- A USB cable.
- Enable USB debugging mode on Android Mediatek device.
- Make backups first before beginning.
Steps to flash stock ROM using SP Flash Tool
Make sure all data that are precious already being back up.
- Download the SP Flash Tool and the USB drivers on your PC, then extract all the files.
- Afterward install all the files. (Skip this step if you have done it).
- Now open the extracted SP Flash Tool folder then find the Flash_Tool. Once you found it then double-clicking on it to select the Run As Administrator to launch the software.
- Once the SP Flash Tool is opened, then on Download tab, select the Scatter Loading button to grab the Scatter File (.txt extension) from your PC. (Scatter file / .txt is the stock ROM you want to flash).
- Now go to the Firmware / Stock ROM folder, then open the Android_Scatter.
- Then the SP Flash Tool will load the Android_scatter file.
- Now click on the Download button.
- You need to Power Off your device now (If the battery is removable then remove it first on its place, if not then just continue).
- After your device’s powered off, then use your USB cable to connect it to computer.
- Press Volume UP or Volume Down to fasten the connection between your device and computer. (Skip this step if your device is instantly connected).
- Now the flashing processes will start, if it’s go on normally, you will see a progress bar in yellow color on the SP Flash Tool as indicator. So wait until it’s 100% completed.
- The flashing processes will be completed and it’s indicated with the following sign.
- Done and you have successfully flashed the stock ROM on your Android Mediatek device.
Well done my friends and congratulations because you just managed to flash stock ROM / firmware using SP Flash Tool. If you have any questions in mind. Then don’t be a shy person to write them down.