We can now install Lineage OS 13 custom ROM on the Lenovo P70 phone to get the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow experience along with the additional features from the custom ROM itself. However I must tell you that the Lineage OS 13 you are going to flash is not the official one instead the ROM is an unofficial ROM.
Lineage OS is the next generation of CyanogenMOD (CM) the ROM is bringing Android 6.X and newer to serve so many Android based devices from various manufacturers with the latest Android version possible. Therefore if you don’t take this opportunity to feel how great the Android Nougat then you will be sorry.
And if you are interested then you will be guided to update your Lenovo P70 to the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow using Lineage OS 13 custom ROM.
- One thing for sure to only flash the Lineage OS 13 Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow on the Lenovo P70 only.
- Just for you to know that flashing the Lineage OS 13 Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow ROM requires you to have a bootloader unlocked Lenovo P70.
- Don’t forget to firstly backup your device.
- To flash this custom ROM you will need either CWM or TWRP recovery mode. You are welcomed to follow the how to install TWRP on any Android device tutorials.
- Make sure you also enable Android USB debugging mode of your Lenovo P70.
- Follow all the written steps on this post and do not skip anything guys.
- Installing this custom ROM will make Lenovo system cease detecting your device.
- Your computer and a USB cable should be ready to use.
- If your battery power is less then charge it first.
- Wish you all good luck.
Download the following Lineage OS 13 Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow ROM & GAPPS zip file to your PC.
How to update Lenovo P70 to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Lineage OS 13 ROM
Well guys follow the updating instructions and all the possible risks are yours to bear and nobody should be taken responsible if anything wrong happen to your device such as brick.
- Now connect your Lenovo P70 to computer using a USB cable and then transfer the zip file (Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Lineage OS 13 ROM) you downloaded earlier to PC to your SD card.
- Now power off your Lenovo P70 then unplug it from USB cable.
- Now enter to the Recovery Mode / TWRP mode.
- Inside the TWRP mode, perform the following action full data wipe by choosing the Wipe button -> Swipe to Factory Reset button.
- Now back to the TWRP main menu then you need to tap the Install button. And then choose the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Lineage OS 13 ROM zip file you previously transferred to your device’s storage on step 2.
- Now confirm the installation by simply swiping the Swipe to Confirm Flash option. You will see the installation will begin.
- Once the installation has been completed then repeat the above action to flash the Gapps.
- Now you need to tap Wipe cache/dalvik button in case you experience bootloop or other technical problem.
- Now you need to tap the Reboot button.
Well done my friend you have done all the needed steps to bring Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow with Lineage OS 13 ROM on your Lenovo P70.