Root Android 7.1.2 N2G47F on Nexus 5X. Here is the complete instructions to root Android 7.1.2 N2G47F on Nexus 5X for those who have their device updated to the latest factory image released by Google recently. The update comes with the Android 7.1.2 Nougat along with improvements including bug-fixes from previous versions.
If you need a root access for the N2G47F powered Nexus 5X device then you have come to the right place. Because rooting the device is possible. We can use the SuperSU from ChainFire then flash it on our device.
Well without further ado let’s get into business guys.
Disclaimer. Proceed to the instructions but all the risks are yours to bear. Okey?
Please to read the following preconditions first.
- Make sure you only root your Nexus 5X if it’s running on the latest Android 7.1.2 Android 7.1.2 N2G47F software. How to update Nexus 5X to Android 7.1.2 N2G47F factory image. Follow the post.
- Be sure your device’s bootloader is already unlocked. Learn to unlock Nexus 5X bootloader.
- To root your Google Nexus 5X you need to download and install TWRP recovery mode to flash the SuperSU rooting package.
- Make backups before proceeding guys.
- Good luck guys.
How to root Android 7.1.2 N2G47F on Nexus 5X
Make backups first beforehand then continue to the instructions guys. Do not forget that man. Good luck guys.
The following are the steps to root your Nexus 5X powered with Android 7.1.2 N2G47F factory image.
- Now download Android SDK from Android Developers official website and install it. Don’t forget to install ADB and Fastboot on Windows PC.
- Now you need to enable USB debugging mode of your Nexus 5X.
- Now please to download Fastboot based on your existing OS then extract the file in android-sdk-windowsplatform-tools directory. Create the directory if there is no such directory.
- Now please download Download SuperSU v2.79 for Nexus to your computer.
- You can connect and mount your Nexus 5X to your computer with a USB cable.
- Now copy and paste this file; SuperSU-v2.79-201612051815.zip to your device’s SD card. Be sure the file is put into the SD card or internal storage root.
- Now power off your device.
- Now download twrp-3.0.2-0-bullhead.img then put the zip file to the root directory on your Google Nexus 5X. After you have done that just power off your device guys.
- Now connect your Nexus 5X to your computer with a USB cable.
- Now download TWRP (twrp-3.0.2-0-bullhead.img) then store it into the same folder you put the extracted Fasboot/ADB package files.
- You need to head into the Fastboot/Bootloader Mode on your Nexus 5X. To do so is by pressing Volume Up + Volume Down + Power Keys for a few seconds till there is some text appear on screen. You are now on the Bootloader Mode.
- Now head to the same directory you put the Fastboot (See the step 1). For Windows; Open Command Prompt (Shift + Right-click & Open Command Prompt). For Mac OS X and Linux, just utilize Terminal to go to this directory.
- Now type this command then enter.
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.0.2-0-bullhead.img
- Once you have entered the command, then your phone will boot into the TWRP mode. Just tap on the Install button in order to the install the “””” zip file. This is needed to avoid TWRP to reset to stock during reboot.
- You can now use Volume keys to get to the SuperSU-v2.79-201612051815.zip then choose it with Power button. Then confirm the installation so you will see the installation process will be started.
- Once the installations are done, just utilize the +++++Go Back then restart your device using the “reboot system now” on the Recovery Menu.
Your device will boot and usually it takes about five minutes for the first time booting. Therefore just wait. Okey?
Well done my friend now you have rooted your Android 7.1.2 N2G47F on Nexus 5X device.