Previously you’re being told about the coming of the release of the N2G47E Android 7.1.2 factory image for Google Pixel XL, flashing the stock ROM means we will face the fact the root access we enjoyed before it is gone.
But of course root access can be regain simply by re-rooting our device, and the SuperSU is available already to serve the Google Pixel XL users who just flashed the N2G47E firmware on their devices. And on this you will be guided to flash the SuperSU and TWRP in order to achieve the root access.
So what are we waiting for guys just proceed to the main topic.
- Make sure you only root your Google Pixel XL if it’s running on the latest Android 7.1.2 N2G47E Android 7.1.1 software. How to update Google Pixel XL to Android 7.1.2 N2G47E factory image. Follow the post.
- Be sure your device’s bootloader is already unlocked. Learn to unlock Google Pixel XL bootloader.
- To root your Google Pixel XL you need to download and install TWRP recovery mode to flash the SuperSU rooting package.
- Make backups before proceeding guys.
- Good luck guys.
How to root Android 7.1.2 N2G47E on Google Pixel XL
As usual I must remind you to firstly make backups before you proceed to the root tutorials and remember that!
The following are the steps to root your Google Pixel XL powered with Android 7.1.2 N2G47E factory image.
- Now download Android SDK from Android Developers official website and install it. Don’t forget to install ADB and Fastboot on Windows PC.
- Now you need to enable USB debugging mode of your Google Pixel XL.
- Now please to download Fastboot based on your existing OS then extract the file in android-sdk-windowsplatform-tools directory. Create the directory if there is no such directory.
- Now please download SuperSU v2.78 SR5 for Pixel to your computer.
- You can connect and mount your Google Pixel XL to your computer with a USB cable.
- Now copy and paste this file; SR5-SuperSU-v2.78-SR5-20161130091551.zip to your device’s SD card. Be sure the file is put into the SD card or internal storage root.
- Now power off your device.
- Now download twrp-pixel-installer-marlin-3.0.2-0-RC1.zip then put the zip file to the root directory on your Google Pixel XL. After you have done that just power off your device guys.
- Now connect your Google Pixel XL to your computer with a USB cable.
- Now download TWRP (twrp-3.0.2-0-RC1-fastboot-marlin.img) then store it into the same folder you put the extracted Fasboot/ADB package files.
- You need to head into the Fastboot/Bootloader Mode on your Google Pixel XL. To do so is by pressing Volume Up + Volume Down + Power Keys for a few seconds till there is some text appear on screen. You are now on the Bootloader Mode.
- Now head to the same directory you put the Fastboot (See the step 1). For Windows; Open Command Prompt (Shift + Right-click & Open Command Prompt). For Mac OS X and Linux, just utilize Terminal to go to this directory.
- Now type this command then enter.
fastboot boot twrp-3.0.2-0-RC1-fastboot-marlin.img
- Once you have entered the command, then your phone will boot into the TWRP mode. Just tap on the Install button in order to the install the “””” zip file. This is needed to avoid TWRP to reset to stock during reboot.
- You can now use Volume keys to get to the SR5-SuperSU-v2.78-SR5-20161130091551.zip then choose it with Power button. Then confirm the installation so you will see the installation process will be started.
- Once the installations are done, just utilize the +++++Go Back then restart your device using the “reboot system now” on the Recovery Menu.
Well done my friend now you have rooted your Android 7.1.2 N2G47E on Google Pixel XL device.