Root N2G47H Android 7.1.2 Nougat on Nexus 6P. Nexus 6P running on Android 7.1.2 N2G47H Nougat can be rooted. Because the rooting tool for the device powered with the said factory image is available now. SuperSU is the rooting tool that I am talking about and as for flashing it then we will use TWRP recovery image.
So my friend if you happen to have already flashed the N2G47H on your Nexus 6P then you are invited to root it. The post you are perusing now contains all the required steps to bring root access over your device.
So, are you interested to do it? If you are then what are we waiting? Let’s do it.
- Make sure you only root your Nexus 6P if it’s running on the latest Android 7.1.2 N2G47H Nougat software. How to update Nexus 6P to Android 7.1.2 N2G47H Nougat factory image. Follow the post.
- Be sure your device’s bootloader is already unlocked.
- To root your Google Nexus 6P you need to download and install TWRP recovery mode to flash the SuperSU rooting package.
- Make backups before proceeding guys.
- Good luck guys.
How to root Android 7.1.2 N2G47H Nougat on Nexus 6P
Before proceeding I must remind you to firstly make backups. And follow all the guides without skipping any of them. Good luck friends.
The following are the steps to root your Nexus 6P powered with Android 7.1.2 N2G47H Nougat factory image.
- Now download Android SDK from Android Developers official website and install it. Don’t forget to install ADB and Fastboot on Windows PC.
- Now you need to enable USB debugging mode of your Nexus 6P.
- Now please to download Fastboot based on your existing OS then extract the file in android-sdk-windowsplatform-tools directory. Create the directory if there is no such directory.
- Now please download SuperSU v2.79 for Nexus to your computer.
- You can connect and mount your Nexus 6P to your computer with a USB cable.
- Now copy and paste this file; SuperSU-v2.79-201612051815.zip to your device’s SD card. Be sure the file is put into the SD card or internal storage root.
- Now power off your device.
- Now download twrp-3.0.2-0-angler.img then put the zip file to the root directory on your Google Nexus 6P. After you have done that just power off your device guys.
- Now connect your Nexus 6P to your computer with a USB cable.
- Now download TWRP (twrp-3.0.2-0-angler.img ) then store it into the same folder you put the extracted Fasboot/ADB package files.
- You need to head into the Fastboot/Bootloader Mode on your Nexus 6P. To do so is by pressing Volume Up + Volume Down + Power Keys for a few seconds till there is some text appear on screen. You are now on the Bootloader Mode.
- Now head to the same directory you put the Fastboot (See the step 1). For Windows; Open Command Prompt (Shift + Right-click & Open Command Prompt). For Mac OS X and Linux, just utilize Terminal to go to this directory.
- Now type this command then enter.
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.0.2-0-angler.img
- Once you have entered the command, then your phone will boot into the TWRP mode. Just tap on the Install button in order to the install the “””” zip file. This is needed to avoid TWRP to reset to stock during reboot.
- You can now use Volume keys to get to the SuperSU-v2.79-201612051815.zip then choose it with Power button. Then confirm the installation so you will see the installation process will be started.
- Once the installations are done, just utilize the +++++Go Back then restart your device using the “reboot system now” on the Recovery Menu.
Well done my friend now you have rooted your Android 7.1.2 N2G47H Nougat on Nexus 6P device.