Update Nexus 6P to Android 7.1.2 N2G47H Nougat factory image. Google doesn’t forget Nexus 6P yet, the company still pour the device with the update bringing Android 7.1.2 along with the bug-fixes and performances improvements within. The device owners also spoiled with the security update to make their device’s system is more secure than before.
However the update doesn’t bring many changes, the only major we find on it is the Android 7.1.2 but sill considering the security patch, then you are highly advised to flash this ROM. To grab this update you are given two roads, one is via OTA update feature or if you haven’t received OTA notification yet then you can flash it manually.
The post you are reading will provide you with how to steps to flash the Android 7.1.2 N2G47H Nougat official to your Nexus 6P device.
If you prefer the manual road then you are invited to continue reading the instructions section but before doing so please read the preconditions.
- Just install Android N2G47H 7.1.2 Nougat only if your device is Nexus 6P.
- N2G47H can be flashed on device that is using either Stock or custom ROM.
- Be sure that you already have set USB Debugging mode enabled on your Nexus 5X.
- Take a precaution backups before starting.
- Follow all instructions compiled with steps below and don’t skip any steps.
- Charge your device battery power if it’s in low percentage.
- Good luck guys.
How to update Nexus 6P to Android 7.1.2 Nougat N2G47H Factory Image
Make backups first before you flash the factory image update.
- You need to N2G47H Android 7.1.2 Factory Image to your computer. The file name is; angler-n2g47h-factory-f1111327.zip.
- Now you need to use your USB cable to connect your Nexus 6P to your PC.
- Be sure that Fastboot is already configured on your PC. Haven’t done it? Just go to how to install ADB and Fastboot on PC.
- Now power off your Nexus 6P.
- Boot your Nexus 5X into the Fastboot or Bootloader mode. Do so by turning on your device while your fingers pressing the Volume Up + Volume Down + Power buttons until the screen showing up Fastboot menu and Start on top side.
- You must now extract the downloaded file of the factory image on your computer. Then head to the bullhead-NRD90S folder and then copy and paste all the existing files to your Fastboot directory.
- Tips. If you manage to follow the steps on setting Fastboot on PC, there is almost 100% possibility that your Fastboot folder is in the platform-tools folder inside your Android SDK directory.
- Now inside the factory image files in Fastboot directory, execute the commands based on your operating system.
Windows; Run the file flash-all.bat.
Mac; Run the file flash-all.sh using Terminal.
Linux; Run the file flash-all.sh.
- The above is a command to flash the stock recovery image on your Nexus 5X. Just wait for the process to be complete. Or do what the on-screen instructions tell you if your device’s bootlaoder is unlocked.
- Once the installation process done, your device will boot and the process will take about 5 minutes, yes it’s longer than usual because it’s booting for the first time with a new firmware.
Well done my friend you have underwent all the necessary steps to bring the official Android 7.1.2 N2G47H Nougat software update on your Nexus 6P. Check it by going to Settings -> About Phone. Just to make that sure.