How to flash stock ROM on Xiaomi via Updater without PC. Well guys who own Xiaomi device here you will be guided to flash ROM using Updater tool.
The process can be applied directly on your device without the involvement of a computer.
The procedures have been tested on the following Xaiomi devices.
- Redmi 2.
- Redmi 3 /3 Prime /3x /3s.
- Redmi 4 / 4A / 4 Prime.
- Redmi Note 3 / 3 Pro.
- Redmi Note 4 / 4x.
- Mi 4.
- Mi 5.
For flashing via Updater can only be achieved from the same ROM, for example from ROM China MIUI8 188.8.131.52 to v184.108.40.206 China ). So you can flash ROM from Global to China or otherwise. For that case you can use Fastboot using computer.
There are two available methods for flashing via Updater / Update Package.
- Before we start make sure your battery power is sufficient to perform the guide.
- Make backup if you think it is a must do.
How to flash ROM on Xiaomi via Update
First method, flashing via system update
If you receive update notification through your Xiaomi device about the availibility of new ROM from system, then you can perform the so-called OTA update, to see any update notification and perform the update simply follow the steps.
Tools menu -> Updater -> Check for Update if there is one then simply tap on update.
Second method, flashing via Choose Updater Package
The method is an easier method compared the above if you have not too strong internet signal connection.
Differ from the first method. This method requires you to firstly download the ROM using the Downloader app, and you can choose the ROM that serves your need, but remember the ROM must be the same which is Global to Global or Chinese to Chinese.
Files you need
- Download the ROM you need from Miui official website here.
- Or head to the complete list of Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 (Pro) ROM.
- If you have Xiaomi Redmi Note 3.
Instructions to install ROM on Xiaomi via Updater manually
- After you downloaded the ROM then save the ROM on your device, it is free whether you want to keep it on internal or external storage.
- Now head to Tools -> Updater -> Click on three dots on the top right -> Choose Update Package -> Select the ROM and then tap on Ok to wait for the processes of the installations to complete.
- Once done it reboot automatically. The rebooting processes can take a while. So just wait.
A thing to note.
- The above two methods will not work on Xaiomi device that uses any custom recoveries such as CWM or TWRP.
Hope you find this post very useful for you guys.