Hi guys here is the tutorial to install TWRP recovery on HTC Bolt / 10 Evo (Aca) device. Installing a TWRP recovery image is possible now since the developers behind TWRP has made available for the HTC Bolt/10 Evo phone. If you are thinking to have one of the best non-stock recoveries that can help you flash variety zip based files to your device then TWRP is for you.
The TWRP recovery that to be installed on your HTC Bolt/10 Evo is the official version released by the TWRP itself therefore you can assure its stable.
Remember that flashing this kind of non-stock application to your device will effect of losing your device warranty and there is a possible chance the software give a negative result such as bootloop or brick, albeit it’s rarely happen since this software is attentively created, developed and maintained by people know too much on Android ecosystem.
The benefits of TWRP recovery installed.
- Can root your device.
- Can flash non-stock ROM.
- Can perform nandroid backup.
The disadvantage of using TWRP recovery.
- Can nullify your device’s warranty.
- If there is no warranty then you will be charged for some money for any technical services by your manufacturer.
- Possibility of technical errors.
- Be sure you already have ADB and Fasboot installed. Haven’t done it? Then head to install ADB & Fastboot on your computer (Windows) page.
- Another thing you need to do now is to enable USB debugging mode of HTC Bolt/10 Evo device.
- Be sure that you already unlocked the bootloader of your HTC Bolt/10 Evo device.
- Charge your device’s battery power.
- Do every instruction on the tutorial steps and do not skip any steps.
Download the official TWRP recovery for HTC Bolt/10 Evo (Aca)
How to install TWRP recovery on HTC Bolt/10 Evo
Now you can continue to the instructions. And do it at your own risks.
- On this phase, I believe you have already installed adb and fasboot to your computer.
- Then place the twrp-image.img file you downloaded earlier to the folder named Adb & Fasboot folder on your computer.
- You can now open the command prompt within the ADB & Fasboot folder, by pressing Shift + Right click anywhere inside the folder, then choose Open Command Window here.
- Now connect your device to computer then execute this command.
adb reboot bootloader
- Then select OK to Allow USB debugging.
- Now you are in the bootloader mode, then you can execute the command below to flash the TWRP.img file.
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
- Once the TWRP is completely flashed to your device then reboot your device utilizing the command below.
How to root HTC Bolt/10 Evo using TWRP
So you want to root your device? Just root it! Follow the guides now guys!
- Then place the Supersu.zip to your device’s internal storage.
- Now boot into the TWRP recovery mode. Do so by powering off your device, then press Power + Volume UP together till your device boots to the TWRP recovery mode.
- On the TWRP interface select backup all data first.
- Then tap on Install, to further select the SuperSU.zip file.
- Now swipe to install SuperSU.zip.
Congratulations guys all!