Verizon Samsung Galaxy NOTE EDGE SM-N915V receives an official update recently, the update comes with PDA number N915VVRS2CQD1 (VRS2CQD1) with April security patch. This firmware brings the optimized Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. You are recommended to flash this update immediately to keep your device as secure as possible.
Of course you can use the available automatic update features provided such as Over The Air (OTA) or Samsung KIES, but it takes time to reach you since those facilities need to reach others before it come to you. Or you might one of those who have been stopped to get an automatic updates because of you rooted your device or flashing a non-stock apps.
If that’s the case, then you can use the manual way by flashing the firmware using Odin tool, and on this post you will learn the entire steps to do so guys. But make sure you have a Windows OS based computer or laptop, a USB cable and USB drivers installed. Make sure you also temporarily deactivate your antivirus program and Samsung KIES as these software will interrupt Odin to run. But of course you are recommended to firstly read the following preconditions to make sure you are already prepared yourself before flashing.
- N915VVRS2CQD1 Marshmallow must be installed on the Verizon Samsung Galaxy NOTE EDGE SM-N915V device only.
- If there is a root access on your device then flashing this stock ROM will wipe it out.
- In case your device is powered with custom ROM, custom recoveries or other third-party tweaks then all of them will be erased.
- Your device will be taken back to the factory settings and if you have lost warranty then it will be restored guys.
- Be sure you also perform the enable USB debugging mode of Verizon Samsung Galaxy NOTE EDGE SM-N915V in case you haven’t done it guys.
- Make backups to all data you believe will be erased by this stock ROM.
- Follow all steps and do not ignore anything.
- All the lucks for you.
InstallAndroidROM.CO.UK should not be held responsible for any possible risks applying the guides to flash the stock ROM.
Download N915VVRS2CQD1 (VRS2CQD1) firmware and Odin.
Extract the zip file to your PC.
How to install N915VVRS2CQD1 (VRS2CQD1) Nougat update on Verizon Samsung Galaxy NOTE EDGE SM-N915V
Firstly I recommend you to make backups then make sure you follow the steps all of them and do not skip any steps.
- Firstly you need to shut down your device by choosing the Power Off option.
- After your device’s shut down then boot to the Download Mode by holding these three buttons; Volume Down + Power + Home.
- You will see a Warning!!! Then release all the pressed three buttons replace them with pressing the Volume UP button to access the Download Mode.
- Now to your PC, then launch Odin by clicking the file name, just like in the picture below.
- Once Odin is opened just connect your Samsung device to your computer.
- Odin will then detect your device, if your device is detected, you will see this notification Added!!! on Odin.
- Clik on PDA button on Odin and then find the firmware / stock ROM on your computer.
- Now click the Start button to begin the flashing process.
- You will see Pass notification if Odin has successfully flashed the Samsung stock ROM on your device guys.
- Finish my friend.
Well done friend.